Notices

Sober day 4

Old 03-16-2021, 01:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober day 4

Well it's day 4 sober for me. Called my doctor to Tell him I don't feel good and I have a sore throat. I've been under wethere for a couple months. Instead of worrying I did something about it.
I still want to drink but Im not going to.
Im focus treating myself well by eating healthy in addition to staying sober. Not going on diet but plan on eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Not eating large amounts of sugar. Basically eat
sensibly.
When I want to drink/use I tell my self you can always drink tomorrow just not now. When tomorrow comes I'll do the same. Otherwise it's overwhelming to deal with.
I'm also making myself stay on regular sleep schedule since I tend to use sleep as a drug to escape reality ie depression naps.
Also I'm thinking more clearly.
David

Old 03-16-2021, 02:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good stuff, David. I think you'll really start to notice a difference after another week. Which isn't long to wait to feel half decent - I hope you manage to get some good momentum, it certainly feels very gratifying to get on a good roll and start to feel that perspective on life uncloud...
Old 03-16-2021, 02:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

4 days is really great, David. We know how rough it feels at first - but things will ease up.
Old 03-18-2021, 05:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey 100,

How you feelin now?

Old 03-18-2021, 07:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It will get better with more sober time, hold on.
Old 03-18-2021, 08:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think you are doing great. Taking all the right steps in caring for yourself. I really do think the "not tonight" works in regards to not drinking. Good for you. You are moving forward.
Old 03-19-2021, 08:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey David, how are you doing? Everything okay?
Old 03-19-2021, 03:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm still sober and thank you for asking. Feeling kinda blah. Realy noticed the longing for a drink today. I will not drink today through. It's that itch I can't scratch. I'm just focusing on Today.
also I've been eating to much. I'm realizing I have a food addiction as we'll. I use food just as I did substances but it's better than drinking or drugging.
To be completely honest the thing that keeps me from drinking is hangovers from hell. I'd fell all shaky and nervous. I'd also sleep all day. It would through aff my selp schedule and I bee up all night and sleep all day.
when I really think about it I'm grateful for being sober because it effects me in so many ways I just never truly realized. even though I didn't drink daily I was ether recovering from drinking,geting drunk, or planning my next drunk.
Also I used to obsessed with running out of weed. I was in a panic when they threatened to close them down where I live. I even thought people I know were stealing weed from me and accused people of stealing weed from me.
It the time I would have stopped getting high for a million dollars. I'm so glad to be free from that insanity. When I would go on trips I'd have to go to dispensary right after I got off the plane. I actually paid over 100 dollars to take an Uber from lake Tahoe to Carson city on a ski trip to get weed because Tahoe didn't have dispensary open to non cal residents.
I'd say I'd needed it for anxiety but it made my anxiety worse. It was about getting loaded plain and simple. In other words I'm an addict and alcoholic period. I'm no longer in denial and that feels wonderful finally be capable of being honest with my self.
I am also accepting that I'm going to crave it for a good while. It is what it is. also im going change what I need to change in the long run. First things first.
Also im one week sober today
David

Last edited by 100; 03-19-2021 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Adding sober days
Old 03-19-2021, 09:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job David. One week is fantastic! Now that it's completely out of your system the AV will come calling, so be vigilant and prepared to say 'No". I also have massive anxiety from drinking, the last few times I was practically in terror at 3am. Just not worth it for a few beers.

Fantastic that you are no longer in denial about the addiction. It is a huge step that sets the stage for all action. Have you looked at AVRT? it is in the Secular section of the forum. If done properly it becomes a one time decision never to drink again (and never change your mind) and you can move on, not deal with daily craving forever.
Old 03-20-2021, 02:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

"When I want to drink/use I tell my self you can always drink tomorrow just not now. When tomorrow comes I'll do the same. Otherwise it's overwhelming to deal with."

This. I did this, and it works! I'm almost 10 years sober and this does work! Keep moving forward!!!
Old 03-20-2021, 08:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Addiction is really hard to tackle. Once we get our "recovery wheels" on there can be no stopping us!
I have found that If I stay in today, and do not use today, then the days add up. It is good you are realizing what you need to work on and are taking the steps to improve your life.
Keep moving forward!