Notices

Really worn down

Old 03-10-2021, 03:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Really worn down

Been a bit since I posted.

Really worn down. Mentally, emotionally. The weather finally warmed up and I should be in a better mood. I'm just not grateful like I should be. Very frustrated with life even though I have much to be thankful for. Being alone in my own head can be scary sometimes.

Just thought I'd share.
Old 03-10-2021, 03:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think a lot of us feel that way at the moment.
For me its just situational. Tail; end of a long summer,. Lots of work. Aches and pains. waiting for my vaccine call.
I'm trying to keep my life balanced. work vs play.

What are you doing about it Notch -is this something you might see a Dr about?

D
Old 03-10-2021, 03:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hangovers Suck!

Some days suck. I thought I was going to have a great day but ran out of energy and wound up a bit depressed. Who knows why this happens. But I know a nights rest will bring yet another sober day and another opportunity to feel better. Hang in there friend - let's get through this. I'm finding it's taking a while for my alcohol saturated brain to heal, and some days are better than others. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-10-2021, 06:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The best thing I can do for myself when I'm in a funk is to practice gratitude. I make a mental list of all the things/people I am grateful for and it lifts my mood and sets me in a positive direction.

The great thing about gratitude is that there's nothing too big or too small to be thankful for. And when I look at it that way, I feel truly blessed. Just the fact that I woke up this morning on the right side of the grass is reason to be grateful.

And being grateful makes me happier. Here's a good article about the rewards of being grateful.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/22/o...pier.html?_r=0
Old 03-11-2021, 06:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Notch, glad to see you! Come by more often. Thanks for sharing!

My head is a scary place to be sometimes too, especially when I let my ego run the show, instead of my higher power. I get all wound up in my bad thinking, anxieties, and life's petty problems. That said, we certainly have been through a lot as a country. There is a lot of loss, and I suspect, a lot of depression. I know there is also a lot of anger, that has been amped up by social media, which I completely avoid.

I think Least said it well about practicing gratitude. It is a such a powerful tool. Morning and night for me. I am so grateful for each day I wake up and have been given a chance to make a difference.

Wishing you well Notch. Hope you come by more often.