SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Please Stay on the Sober Bus Part 43 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/452757-please-stay-sober-bus-part-43-a.html)

stargazer016 03-11-2021 06:38 AM

It's orchid and plant watering day here too.

On the bus, coffee in hand.

Happy riding all!

saoutchik 03-11-2021 09:14 AM

Climbing aboard.

"FORE!"

I Not played real or crazy golf in a long time now.

ChloeRose63 03-11-2021 10:24 AM

:Flower111:dance1:
:bus

ManInTheArena 03-11-2021 10:26 AM

On the bus again today as well. I still play a little golf, but I don’t collect golf balls - I lose them 🙂

Things remain a little hectic in my world, but trying to have some fun with all the crazy stuff I’m having to deal with!!

Mags1 03-11-2021 10:43 PM

On the Soberbus

You’ll find me surfing for flowers for Mother’s Day.

Purplrks3647 03-12-2021 01:51 AM

On the sleepy Soberbus :e044:

ChloeRose63 03-12-2021 03:05 AM

:shine8pl::egg21:
Breakfast, Anyone?:winter9

Mizz 03-12-2021 04:14 AM

Good Morning, SR!
On the bus. Waiting for coffee to brew.

biminiblue 03-12-2021 04:59 AM

On the bus. No food or alcohol allowed on my personal bus.

Don't want to have to clean the seats.

Have a great Friday all!

sunpengwn 03-12-2021 05:09 AM

On the bus for a long ride........ coffee in hand.... guess I will have to clean up any mess I make....don't want to get anyone upset...
:vg
:banana:
On for a long smooth ride as I go back to sleep ... will grab this sleeping bag and cozy up..

STDragon 03-12-2021 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by biminiblue (Post 7603992)
I love that, Mizz.

Dragon is also the guy who had 15 mayonnaise jars (#?) of pop-tops from his drinking days. Don't encourage him. ~Signed, Mrs Dragon. :wink3:

Funny you should mention those. I finally donated them to the local school yesterday. They were a bit amazed at the large Ikea bag of large peanut butter jars full of pop tops.

What a day yesterday was! (and it's not quite over yet).

First thing I wanted to tell you was I gave away two large computer mainframe cabinets. One of which I used to hold/hide my booze and collect beer cans to refund. That and the pop tops were my last remnants of the old dinking years. My garage (workshop) is a shambles now as I had to quickly unload everything and dismantle a shelfing unit I had built on top. I'm no in the middle of building a new support frame to put the shelf unit back up. My new saw will be going in the space underneath.

But the biggest event yesterday was dear daughter Dragon broke her leg. For her 22nd birthday, she asked for a skateboard and gear. Yesterday, since all the snow had melted away, she swept the driveway and sidewalk of grit and proceeded to practice her skateboard (Having never done it before). Sometime later a retired nurse is banging on my garage. I don't know exactly how it happened but she fell off her skateboard and badly broke her leg. We ended up calling an ambulance because there was no way she was going to be able move. This was around 3pm yesterday. She still in the hospital this morning as they've scheduled her for surgery. I'm guessing because she need pins.

Oy!

On the bus and soooo grateful to be sober.

Oh PS and my Dad agreed to get his shot and we've got him an appointment.

Mizz 03-12-2021 05:39 AM

Dragon- That is terrible. I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. What a bummer. I do hope that her surgery goes quickly and that she is released from the hospital soon.

stargazer016 03-12-2021 05:59 AM

That is horrible Dragon. My daughter had asked at one time to skateboard and I told her no. I hope the surgery goes smoothly and she is home soon.

On the bus, coffee in hand.

Happy riding all!

biminiblue 03-12-2021 06:04 AM

Oh, ouch. I hope the surgery goes well and that she's back on wheels (or maybe not!) soon, Dragon.

...and, hmmmm..I thought you got rid of those pop tops years ago. Well no matter, it's done now. Wonder what the school is going to do with them?

SoberLeigh 03-12-2021 06:30 AM

Prayers, Dragon, for your daughter’s speedy recovery. So sorry to hear about that. Ugh, as though the last year had brought enough already.

Both vaccines under our belts, here. Wow, the second packed a punch; I cannot imagine how dreadful COVID could be.

On the Bus with lots of love to all. Have a great weekend.

venuscat 03-12-2021 06:31 AM

:fright: On no.....your poor daughter Dragon. :(
So much Iove to her. ❤️❤️❤️

ManInTheArena 03-12-2021 07:06 AM

I am on the bus with wings again today and headed back home :)

I’m trying to decide if I want more coffee - I don’t like to be too caffeinated when I fly!!

Dragon, lots of good stuff there but unfortunately offset by daughter Dragon’s accident! That sounds painful. I hope she recovers quickly and fully!!

Canadian Koala 03-12-2021 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena (Post 7604565)
I’m trying to decide if I want more coffee - I don’t like to be too caffeinated when I fly!!

MITA, you like coffe so much that you don't sweat, you percolate!! https://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/ma...ire/ducafe.gif

Count me in for a ride on the Sober Bus today ☼

Mags1 03-12-2021 09:20 AM

Dragon, I hope your daughters op goes well and she’s soon back home. :hug:

Food, no food here! :c022:

https://i.postimg.cc/MHJzXbY4/0-F4-F...6-BAC9-C65.jpg

Charon 03-12-2021 09:56 AM

So sorry about your daughter, Dragon. Also happy your Dad relented.

Gave Ruthless a thorough bath yesterday. That lasted till our morning walk out through the woods. LOL Her back and sides are still (mostly) clean and she still smells good. Glad she didn't find anything to roll in. She doesn't like baths much. I'm hoping she will take to being in the water once it warms up.

On the bus, headed to make a second dose of caooff. Of course yesterdays chore list became today's less Ruthie's bath. I also got the orchids I didn't order tested and none tested positive for virus so they are now in my window carts.