SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Please Stay on the Sober Bus Part 41 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/451227-please-stay-sober-bus-part-41-a.html)

SoberLeigh 01-13-2021 05:11 PM

Thanks, Charon, for the link to the Owl Cam; very cool. The range of motion in their necks fascinates me. Do you bring your succulents outdoors in the Summer? I have one of those huge split-leaf philodendrons; talk about wild roots!

On the Bus with love to all.

Purplrks3647 01-14-2021 02:39 AM

On the Thursday Soberbus :c015:

Canadian Koala 01-14-2021 03:37 AM

I'm on!

:bus

STDragon 01-14-2021 04:15 AM

On the Bus. Yay Thursday!
everything is wet, it actually rained a bit last night.
Have a great day everyone!

Mizz 01-14-2021 05:59 AM

On the SOBER Bus!
Happy Thursday, ALL!
Make it a good one.

stargazer016 01-14-2021 06:03 AM

Great video Charon. Owls are fascinating creatures.

On the bus, coffee in hand.

Happy riding all!

Reid82 01-14-2021 07:59 AM

Still on the sober :bus

Charon 01-14-2021 08:19 AM

SoberLeigh - I used to take all my plants (except the shade loving philo) out for the summer. I found mice and squirrels like to dig in and eat the succulents and two summers ago, due to high heat & humidity and almost continuous rain I lost my very best orchid and almost lost several others. That made me gun shy. Unless/until I build a small, secure greenhouse, they will stay protected inside.

On the bus, under the influence of antabuse, coffee in hand, getting ready to groom Ruthie and then play a while.

SoberLeigh 01-14-2021 10:23 AM

I hear you, Charon. Nature in the form of both weather and bugs can play havoc on our plants. I could never be a farmer!

On the Bus with love to all.

Purplrks3647 01-15-2021 03:13 AM

I am on and clinging to the Serenity Prayer :Meditate:

ChloeRose63 01-15-2021 03:45 AM

I'm on!

Canadian Koala 01-15-2021 04:29 AM

Me too!

STDragon 01-15-2021 05:15 AM

On the Bus.
Everything OK Purps?

Yay no work today!
https://i.postimg.cc/Kj91Pcg8/snoopydanceoriginal.gif

stargazer016 01-15-2021 06:20 AM

Purps, stay close to SR if you find yourself struggling a bit. We are here for ya!

I lost a good chunk of my orchid collection moving them outside one summer. The squirrels, birds, slugs and numerous bugs found them irresistible. And they would get flattened every storm. Now I use grow lights and humidity trays to attempt to mimic summer weather conditions.

Happy riding all!

sunpengwn 01-15-2021 06:20 AM

On the bus with coffee in hand...... :c011::winter9
Prayers for the Troops surrounding the Capital Building in Washington, DC :c016:
Grateful for our country getting together for the big support .... and Prayers ... no more violence.. We need peace in this world...
Lets Pray for a Peaceful world....

Mizz 01-15-2021 06:28 AM

On the bus.

Charon 01-15-2021 07:55 AM

Stargazer - I used to use lights and even made a couple of light chambers for miniatures. I finally accepted that I was over extended, couldn't take care of the orchids properly, and cut my collection way back. I decided on a list of criteria for keeping plants. One rule was that they would thrive under my conditions - in windows in upstate NY. For the longest time I kept down to 12-13 plants. Losing my best flower/plant tripped me up. I built another window cart and I now have 27 (was 30 but testing found 3 with virus). That's about the right number for me. I'm thinking about getting/building a very small greenhouse that I could use over the summer. Watering outside is so much easier and working with a 2 gallon sprayer inside.

Purp - Here's the first recorded serenity "prayer".

For every ailment under the sun
There is a remedy, or there is none;
If there be one, try to find it;
If there be none, never mind it

--Mother Goose rhyme, 1695

But I like this one better.

“Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off!”

SoberLeigh 01-15-2021 08:55 AM

Mother Goose was a wise one.

Stay close, Purps. Send me a text if you like.

On the Sober Bus with the best folks ever.

PhoenixJ 01-15-2021 01:21 PM

sitting down the back pretending to be Joe cool....like Snoopy [big man on the campus]..

SoberLeigh 01-15-2021 01:44 PM

You are cool, indeed, PhoenixJ.

sunpengwn 01-15-2021 03:23 PM

Been really HOT today... for a fall January.. we were not to get 85 degrees today.... but someone up there said let us warm up California a bit for the rest of the week... and more so with no rain............ NOT...:c022: so I guess it is warm up Calif. just a bit....:ham4:beachballBeach time here in California..
Sounds like it is Barbeque Time.......:bbqso everyone that wants food just bring it over while I have the Grill fired up.....

stargazer016 01-16-2021 02:49 AM

Slightly jealous sunpengwn. A beach day in January sounds lovely.

Charon, I too once had a collection that became too much to handle properly. Plus, at that time, most of my orchids came from orchid nurseries so they were not inexpensive. Thankfully, stores like Trader Joe's carry great phals, and on occasion, oncidiums, miltonias, zygos, dendros and cyms at great prices. I was down to a handful of phals that I barely kept alive over the years, but got bitten by the bug again last year and am back up to slightly under twenty plants. Probably where I should stop, but my addictive nature pops up in mysterious ways at times.

Happy riding all!

Purplrks3647 01-16-2021 05:18 AM

Thanks everyone ~ just crap at work, but grateful compared to what many others are going through....glad to still be here....

Plus, Look what I just stumbled upon..... :headbang:

STDragon 01-16-2021 06:03 AM

Cool, Rock camp! let's go, I'll need a few peddles for my Ukulele first (Think they'll let me play?) One of our local universities holds a jazz camp every year.

Saturday morning on the Sober bus and time for tinkering in the garage. Can it get any better?

Mizz 01-16-2021 06:16 AM

On the bus!. I slept a good 10+ hours last night. I was spent!
Happy Weekend ALL! Make it a good one.

Charon 01-16-2021 09:02 AM

On the bus.

StarGazer - here's a link to an article I wrote for the American Orchid Society a long, long time ago that you might find interesting. https://www.aos.org/orchids/addition...nevitable.aspx

SoberLeigh 01-16-2021 12:40 PM

On the Bus; ready for Rock Camp.

stargazer016 01-17-2021 12:21 AM

What a great article Charon! I can't imagine having hundreds of orchids. There are a couple of folks with those size collections I casually follow on Youtube. That becomes a job.

On the early work sober bus, coffee in hand.

Happy riding all!

Canadian Koala 01-17-2021 04:08 AM

Count me in for a ride on the Sober Bus today! ☼

biminiblue 01-17-2021 04:14 AM

On the bus.

ha. I originally typed, "On the buds."

All this flower talk, I guess.

I think we could all use some buds.

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/...ocus_thumb.jpg