Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

For those tortured by PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms) and who fear they might go mad Part 2

Notices

For those tortured by PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms) and who fear they might go mad Part 2

Old 05-12-2021, 07:50 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

It's amazing to me that the nicest, most encouraging set of people I've ever come across in my life are on this blog. The SoberNord and BettyP -thank you for going to the time to write all that back to me, you have no idea how much I appreciate it. It's a pretty full on condition to have and in the middle of another lockdown. When I go to google to search about PAWS it says under every result that I've visited the page already like five times!! Don't know whether to laugh or cry haha.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:49 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Better late than never

That's what I love about this thread it's kind of like how only people with highly stressful jobs like soldiers, cops and firemen can only relate to one another it's kind of like that for us going through PAWS. Some of us have harsher symptoms then others and some of us have it for a couple years while others only a few months. But either way we can all relate to what the other is going through. In my family my Mom is the only one I talk about sobriety to, everyone else knows I quit but we never talk about it. But even with my Mom she cant seem to understand how after a year I'm still having a rough experience so for the most part I keep what I'm going through all to myself.
So for me this thread is a god send. I check in every morning when I wake up and when I'm having one of my moments as well as numerous pages I have saved on PAWS. I'm optimistic that as long as we hang in there and take care of ourselves we'll all get better and leave this part of our life behind!
Old 05-12-2021, 11:43 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheSoberNord View Post
In my family my Mom is the only one I talk about sobriety to, everyone else knows I quit but we never talk about it. But even with my Mom she cant seem to understand how after a year I'm still having a rough experience so for the most part I keep what I'm going through all to myself.
So for me this thread is a god send. I check in every morning when I wake up and when I'm having one of my moments as well as numerous pages I have saved on PAWS. I'm optimistic that as long as we hang in there and take care of ourselves we'll all get better and leave this part of our life behind!
Yes a lot of people who know I've gotten sober are the same as this and can't understand why I'm still having a hard time - they all think that quitting drinking is like poof you're magically amazing and feel great. Not a lot of people know that PAWS even exists. It's frustrating.

And - I also check this thread every morning haha. I know I'm having a string of good days when I DON'T check the thread for a day or two :-)
Old 05-12-2021, 04:12 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Had problems with paws over the last few weeks….Strangely it finally subsided the past couple days…But like before it returns a short time later…

The symptoms come as anxiety, blood pressure spikes, palpitations, skipped heartbeats, or fatigue…And they come mostly at night starting late afternoon…Strange they sometimes come throughout the entire weekend when I was binge drinking before..,sort of like brain having muscle memory of binge drinking….

I can totally relate to everyone posting here. Keep the journey going…I know how difficult it is to feel those paws symptoms and knowing that several drinks will make it all go away for maybe a day…but then the horrible withdrawals will be devastating…So no…I’ll keep pressing forward 😐

Hang in there everyone 🙏🏾👍🏾✌🏾
Old 05-13-2021, 11:25 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Dry,
you will recover my friend. When you get slammed like that that is when the brain is really getting some healing it done. I really believe this. Your brain knows it is not balanced. Everything balances itself. Thanos really was onto something there (if you not a marvel person you will have no idea what I am talking about ). You see the greatest forces of nature. A volcano eruption, tornados, tsunami’s and tidal waves.... they are not finite. They cannot keep going. They recede and lose all of its power. And PAWS is your own force of nature happening in your head right now. It does and it WILL end... for everyone.

right, I’m off.
Old 05-13-2021, 12:53 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

So we have a general rule on AGF that when a thread gets to 500 posts we close it. Based on the conversation, I am guessing that it would be a good idea to continue this thread into a new one, correct? ( Just like we do with the sober bus, etc )?

Old 05-13-2021, 02:36 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Sounds good to me Scott.
Old 05-14-2021, 04:31 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Yes please continue this conversation in a new thread it is vitally important 😊
Old 05-14-2021, 12:06 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Does a moderator have to start a new thread or can one of us do it? I'm happy to start another one if that's the case. I think Dee closed the first thread and started the second, though, if memory serves...
Old 05-14-2021, 12:18 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by BettyP View Post
Does a moderator have to start a new thread or can one of us do it? I'm happy to start another one if that's the case. I think Dee closed the first thread and started the second, though, if memory serves...
Anyone can start a new thread, we ( admins/mods) usually just go ahead and start a new one with a link from the old one when we see them approaching 500 ( recurring threads that is ).
Old 05-14-2021, 01:21 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Part 3 begins here https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post7636169 (For those tortured by PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms) and who fear they might go mad Part 3)