Notices

90 in 90 check in.

Old 12-20-2020, 11:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Samantha

Done meetings every day. I've cooked, eaten, walked, gone to the store, worked out, cleaned, painted, made allllll my Christmas cards, spent time with my fiance, watched TV, even tried to do my hair and look at plans for my wedding.
I'm out of ideas now lol. There's no meetings for a few hours and I've been more enjoying the local ones. I feel closer to them than the 24hr ones.
My cravings have been insane.
I want to drink and I cant get over how easy it would be to just put vodka in my juice.
Old 12-20-2020, 11:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi AR

when I was out of ideas about what to do with my time I just spent some hours here, reading, posting to newcomers helping other people - it really does make the time pass quickly.

I understand how easy it might be to add vodka into your juice - but when you think about where that will take you it’s not really so easy is it?
Old 12-20-2020, 12:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi AR

when I was out of ideas about what to do with my time I just spent some hours here, reading, posting to newcomers helping other people - it really does make the time pass quickly.

I understand how easy it might be to add vodka into your juice - but when you think about where that will take you it’s not really so easy is it?
yes I've been trying to stay busy reading some posts and stories, plus I joined an additional recovery group.
I'm just so bored and I cannot conquer that.
Old 12-20-2020, 12:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Just remember that, at best, a slug of vodka would set you back in cravings, and, at worst, it would set you back to square one. I have to keep reminding myself of that.
Old 12-20-2020, 12:52 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Have you seen the docuseries "Ill be gone in the dark?"
It is really attention grabbing and worth the watch.
Old 12-20-2020, 01:44 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Mizz P View Post
I havent. I dont watch like a lot of TV and stuff...where would I find something like that?
Old 12-20-2020, 01:45 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Samantha

Where would I find something like that? I'm not big into TV lol.
Old 12-20-2020, 01:47 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Samantha

Old 12-20-2020, 02:51 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hbomax
Old 12-20-2020, 03:04 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Samantha

Old 12-20-2020, 03:05 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Samantha

Sorry I didn't mean to post those so many times lol. Was having internet issues.
Old 12-20-2020, 03:18 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by anxiousrock View Post
I want to drink and I cant get over how easy it would be to just put vodka in my juice.
And bring on a whole lotta hurt.

It took me years and a lot of suffering (not just mine) to learn that, for me, when deciding between what is easy and what is difficult, difficult is usually the better way.

Old 12-20-2020, 04:07 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Samantha

Hbomax
we don't get that here, but I can try to look it up on you tube.
Old 12-21-2020, 09:39 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anxiousrock View Post
Sorry I didn't mean to post those so many times lol. Was having internet issues.
Same thing happened to me in another thread. Same time. It was the SR site.

Hope you're still doing okay anxiousrock.

I have lots of hobbies to keep me occupied when I'm bored.

That said the best solution is learning to be mindful and just sit with our thoughts.

I was never too good at that though.
Old 12-21-2020, 04:17 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Samantha

I have a possible temp sponsor from a meeting today so this is good!!!!!
Old 12-22-2020, 04:45 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Sounds great. Remember, that support is here and with your temp sponsor!
Old 12-23-2020, 05:26 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Vik88 View Post
Sounds great. Remember, that support is here and with your temp sponsor!
yeah I won't be able to contact them until the new year anyways. Bummer.
but I read here every day, and post often.
it does help.
also still doing AA 2-3 times a day.
Old 12-24-2020, 07:12 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Hey Samantha,

You are doing an amazing job of hanging in there; it sure does sound excruciating, though. I've been there and I'm sorry you're going through this. It does get better, I promise.

Perhaps you've already done this, but I wanted to offer how extremely helpful it was for me in early days to literally schedule out my entire day. Same day every day worked for me with some variations. For instance, my recovery time always included a meeting, a gratitude list and setting an intention for the day, but my "relax time" might be working a puzzle or doing crosswords or coloring... Chore time might be cleaning a closet or vacuuming (even if it didn't need doing) or organizing the junk drawer. It didn't matter when I got to the relax or chore time what I actually did as long as it was in alignment with the intention for that block of time. And it mattered supremely to me to have a schedule and never skip the recovery stuff.

Also, have you read the Big Book?

Happy Holidays to You and Keep On With It!

O

Old 12-24-2020, 09:37 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hey AR. This is some rough stuff huh? I don’t remember anything worse than not wanting to drink and wanting to drink at the same time. Almost a cognitive dissonance.

Some observations. First, while it is natural for us to assess things, judging every meeting you attend for its merits may not be serving you well. What I was taught about meetings was to take what I could and leave the rest. Judging and taking inventory of other places and things is a big problem for me and I’m learning how self defeating it can be. Maybe because it means I have an expectation. And if things don’t go the way I’d like then I get a disappointment or resentment. That being said, there are meetings that I like better than others. I mean, duh. We’re humans

The other thing I hear is some surprise or disappointment that you’re in meetings and still thinking about a drink. They don’t call it the 13 in 13 or 22 in 22. It’s called the 90 in 90 because it takes AT LEAST that long for most of us to move past the point of physical craving and mental obsession. STAY THE COURSE. This is not going to happen on the timeline you’d like. This is what is discussed when you hear the term “work”. You have to go to the meetings, not drink in between and be patient having faith in the promises.

Do you have a sponsor? If you don’t, you should really consider getting one. If you want to stay sober. At a minimum you should be calling another alcoholic on the phone. Not just when you’re craving, but to call and talk about how you’re feeling, what your fears are, your struggles, etc.

I think you are right where you are supposed to be AR. You are on a timeline that we can’t rush or slow down. You have some uncomfortable days ahead. Know that and tell yourself that a little discomfort will not shake you from your path. But don’t be lazy about your goal either. Pick up the phone and call someone. It’s one of the miracles.

Best wishes AR.
Old 12-27-2020, 04:02 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
Hey AR. This is some rough stuff huh? I don’t remember anything worse than not wanting to drink and wanting to drink at the same time. Almost a cognitive dissonance.

Some observations. First, while it is natural for us to assess things, judging every meeting you attend for its merits may not be serving you well. What I was taught about meetings was to take what I could and leave the rest. Judging and taking inventory of other places and things is a big problem for me and I’m learning how self defeating it can be. Maybe because it means I have an expectation. And if things don’t go the way I’d like then I get a disappointment or resentment. That being said, there are meetings that I like better than others. I mean, duh. We’re humans

The other thing I hear is some surprise or disappointment that you’re in meetings and still thinking about a drink. They don’t call it the 13 in 13 or 22 in 22. It’s called the 90 in 90 because it takes AT LEAST that long for most of us to move past the point of physical craving and mental obsession. STAY THE COURSE. This is not going to happen on the timeline you’d like. This is what is discussed when you hear the term “work”. You have to go to the meetings, not drink in between and be patient having faith in the promises.

Do you have a sponsor? If you don’t, you should really consider getting one. If you want to stay sober. At a minimum you should be calling another alcoholic on the phone. Not just when you’re craving, but to call and talk about how you’re feeling, what your fears are, your struggles, etc.

I think you are right where you are supposed to be AR. You are on a timeline that we can’t rush or slow down. You have some uncomfortable days ahead. Know that and tell yourself that a little discomfort will not shake you from your path. But don’t be lazy about your goal either. Pick up the phone and call someone. It’s one of the miracles.

Best wishes AR.
I do not have a permanent sponsor and not one I can speak with until after the holidays.
So I still have to make it through the holidays
I am doing okay so far.
I did have some drinks about a week ago but I still did so many meetings.
And I still have been....