Notices

Binge drinking worries

Old 02-25-2021, 07:58 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

They haven't done it for me after more then 3 years of doing them, although i did go on some benders for days sometimes but they do have an effect on me while not drinking. sorry it didn't work the same for you.
Old 02-25-2021, 03:11 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Paisley, I also researched and weaned slowly (I took a year) under doctor's care after 20 years on SSRIs. I spiraled into severe depression and nearly lost my life. Reading your post sent chills down my spine. I respect that you have made up your mind; however, I would stay very mindful to your mood and sleep in particular--you may want to keep a journal once you wean off and for several months after. My decline was slow but in retrospect noticeable and then VERY fast and very severe. I maintained my sobriety during this period but it was 6 months of sheer hell as I had to find a new med to help. As soon as one started working again it was as if a switch flipped and I was sane and absolutely fine again. I have resigned myself to being on an SSRI for the rest of my life.

Just another POV.
Old 02-25-2021, 03:15 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have the same POV as beeme. I've tried to live without meds (anti-ds and other things) and my quality of life suffers.
I respect your decision Paisley but stay self aware.

D
Old 02-25-2021, 04:34 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your comments.
I am not taking this lightly and will be monitoring myself very closely with the help of my doctor.
It won't be for a while yet, as I'm waiting until I have time off work.
I'll keep you updated.