Notices

Eight

Old 10-25-2020, 09:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Eight

Two weeks ago I made it 8 years without booze. Been a rough year. Lost my Dad, my father in law and a family friend. (not covid) Lots going on with the implications of these unfortunate events. The whole Covid thing has been crazy but at least it hasn't effected my employment.
I am so grateful that I no longer drink and didn't have the urge to during this whole mess. I know in my previous state, this all would have been the perfect excuse to be on a year long, blurred out bender. Believe it or not, it's much less painful to go through this stuff without self medicating.
To all you struggling out there, hang in there. I know time are tough but drinking is not the solution and always makes a bad situation worse.
Have a great week!
Old 10-26-2020, 01:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for the rough year and your multiple losses esinger but congrats on 8 years - thats massive

D
Old 10-26-2020, 01:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I first started reading this I thought you were leading to a relapse message. SO, so happy to read what I read! Congratulations on 8 years! Best wishes!
Old 10-26-2020, 05:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is how it is done! Congrats! Keep on moving forward!
Old 10-26-2020, 05:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on the soberversary and yes, you are so right. The world and all its troubles are a lot easier to handle without the burden of alcohol and its crushing emotional effects.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am sorry to hear about your losses, but great job on the eight years.
Old 10-27-2020, 01:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you had a tough year, sending you a virtual hug and so many congratulations on eight years, what you have achieved is massive
Love Billy x
Old 10-27-2020, 04:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know what you mean When you said going through tough times Is easier sober. Part of that I think is because you don’t have all the bad feelings that go along with drinking on top of the stress and losses. I’m glad you are making it!

My mom is pretty sick and it’s a week to week thing right now. Also, I’m a nurse and then there’s COVID Which is resurging where I live...enough said.

I am determined to stay sober though. Almost 3 weeks now
Old 10-27-2020, 12:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your troubles but well done on staying sober through it all.
Old 10-27-2020, 06:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by matrac View Post
I know what you mean When you said going through tough times Is easier sober. Part of that I think is because you don’t have all the bad feelings that go along with drinking on top of the stress and losses. I’m glad you are making it!

My mom is pretty sick and it’s a week to week thing right now. Also, I’m a nurse and then there’s COVID Which is resurging where I live...enough said.

I am determined to stay sober though. Almost 3 weeks now
Good job on 3 weeks. Stick with it. There's not much worse than watching loved one go through this. Being there for them and actually being present is important.
Sobriety is a struggle early on but soon it will become easier and routine. Hang in there. I hope your mother finds comfort and peace.
Thanks for your kind words.