Notices

Made it to day 110

Old 09-08-2020, 11:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it to day 110

Been 110 days sober, sleep is good and gut is happy , good energy overall. One thing I was expecting will happen is weight loss, that did not happen in my case so no big outside differences yet (may be too soon)..

craving comes occasionally, I distract myself and so far so good..

Read about Naltrexone , but looks like it won't making craving go-away..From what I hear this is going to be a long process staying sober and will continue to take 1 day at a time..
Old 09-08-2020, 12:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by EasternRow View Post
From what I hear this is going to be a long process staying sober and will continue to take 1 day at a time..
Keep up the hard work!

Yes, it is a long process. It'll last the rest of your life time.
Old 09-08-2020, 01:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
totfit

Congrats on 110 days. Lots of folks are disappointed initially by weight loss or lack thereof. A lot of calories we expect to shed from not drinking are taken up by better eating or in some cases eating more, but not necessarily better. I have heard more than a couple, "Well, I quit drinking and nothing changed, so I figured I may as well drink." For me quitting drinking did not change anything other than to allow me to make changes myself. At 110 days, mood and other things have likely stabilized and it is a good time to start doing things. Increasing physical activity and watching one's diet will bring on weight loss if one is consistent. Just keep up the good work and good things will happen.
Old 09-08-2020, 01:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wonderful news that you made it 110 days! It's great that you're sleeping. That was a real problem for me.
I didn't lose much weight either - I think because I wasn't eating much at all when I was drinking heavily. Then when I got sober I found an appetite.

Old 09-08-2020, 04:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 110 days EasternRow

I didn't lose much weight initially either - but I hope you keep at it - being sober is worth it

D

Old 09-08-2020, 05:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ZIP

Splendid! Keep up that perseverance. Cravings will really subside the longer you remain AF. 110 days is great progress!
Old 09-18-2020, 11:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I never lose weight when I quit because I eat more when I am sober and also eat junk. When I drink I barely eat so everything kind of balances out.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 110 days.

Yeah, I didn't lose weight after quitting either, but in the early days I was replacing alcohol with food.
Old 09-19-2020, 12:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on 110 day, well done.
Old 09-19-2020, 02:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good for you! 100 days to me was a huge milestone. After that six months, and now going for a year. It really does get easier every day, does it not?
Old 09-19-2020, 08:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your increasing sober time! Keep going cause it gets better.
Old 09-20-2020, 09:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Like others, I slowly gained weight. I have a years recovery so far and in the past 2 months I've been on a consistent exercise routine an have started to lose weight now.

I didn't have strong urges or craving but I did have quite a bit of euphoric recall of drinking brought on by music, the weather, movies all kind of things. I didn't want to go out and drink but I would fondly recall drinking memories a little too much.

Around 9 months I noticed the euphoric recall started to fade away because I was further removed from the actual experience of drinking. A song would come on while i was driving and Id simply enjoy it and not even associate it with some bar memory. I also started to contemplate doing new things I would not have tried when I was drinking, just to experience new things.

I also noticed that I had months and months of not having to deal with hangovers, alcohol created drama and the roller coaster emotions that came with binge drinking. Things change slowly for many of us so we often don't notice its happening but then realize it when we feel better about life and the choices we are making now.