Notices

My Sober Diary

Old 08-31-2020, 08:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post My Sober Diary

Background.
I have decided to give up drinking again after a few weeks back drinking after a relapse because my family almost forced me to drink on a weekend visit 6 week ago, before that I was doing well after giving up for nearly 3 months. The relapse was after a beer was given to me on a house visit after declining, but I could hear the bottle opening in the Kitchen and peer pressure unfolded. I managed to give up for that week after but then was asked to a family reunion party that ended in a blackout.

Day One:

Woke up feeling fine with a slight hangover as I wasted most of the morning in bed recovering. Taught about the wasted money I spend the past few weeks on beer and crap food from the smaller local shop as didn’t feel like the supermarket, also on Friday night drank too much and called my ex, which I ended giving 2 days of my wage as I felt sorry for her, hmm a good deed, but why, on a side note karma did refund this money in another way the next decay which was great. So I felt better and cleaned the Apartment, did laundry and took out garbage. Also I went to the main Supermarket for shopping, past by two local pubs that i have spent a good portion of my wages for the past year or two, seen the owner setting up for reopening whenever that will be, a smile and hello, I was thinking you are a drug dealer and I hope to never spend another cent in your pub . Also reset my Sober App to track progress. Recommended App (Sobriety Counter - Easy Quit)

Finished work after 10:00 pm and went to sleep.
Plans: Tomorrow Start going walking again and use an app to track, have to go to the Bank so I will walk instead of getting the bus.

Day Two:

Woke up at 1:30 am, with that knowing feeling that I won’t sleep again for a while, made Tea, and browse the internet, watched the Sober James Live podcast that started at 2:00 am my Time on YouTube, it’s a show i watched the first time when i gave up 4 months ago, but it maybe changing or my interest may have changed, lets see. For some reason I want to eat more after drinking, so I had soup and bread which felt good for my stomach, better than 8 pints of beer.

4:36 am I am still awake but will try to sleep soon to get up at a reasonable time to get things done. Feeling positive, have some hot flushes but overall withdrawals are slight compared for now at least.

Old 08-31-2020, 09:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hello SocialTrader, and welcome.
good idea to join SR and keep a diary; connecting with others and having a “daily do” has been really helpful to me.
you might need/want to not attend functions for a while where people will be disrespecting your desire to be sober. too bad when others do that, but the choice is still ours.
way to go on showing up with new determination!
Old 08-31-2020, 09:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi all thanks for reading, I just found the Blog Feature which will be more suited for my Sober Diary, I have emailed mods so hopefully this trend will get deleted.

My Diary can be found on my Profile on the Blog Tab.

Thanks All, Hope I get to know you all better soon.
Old 08-31-2020, 09:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't get to the blogs very often and I don't deal with the emails, so I'll simply welcome you here

D
Old 09-01-2020, 03:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee74 for the Welcome
Old 09-01-2020, 03:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fini View Post
hello SocialTrader, and welcome.
good idea to join SR and keep a diary; connecting with others and having a “daily do” has been really helpful to me.
you might need/want to not attend functions for a while where people will be disrespecting your desire to be sober. too bad when others do that, but the choice is still ours.
way to go on showing up with new determination!
Thanks fini for the Welcome