Notices

Is this a "slip" or relapse?

Old 08-25-2020, 08:32 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I poured out the zzzquill. too. I should not have bought that ever or ever took a shot of it to help me sleep at night. I did take it a few nights in the last month or so so I don't know if that's a "slip" but I got rid of it. I should know better. I really should get to a meeting or two though. This whole covid. Thing has got us in the recovery community in a strange spot. And no I do not like the online meeting stuff.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:49 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can find a face to face meeting - or get a little better with the idea of a cyber meeting - we do what we can to stay the right side of the line, right?

D
Old 08-25-2020, 09:33 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Two things: I was an acute, late-stage alcoholic and I still use ZzzQuil sometimes to help me sleep. I don't drink it to get drunk (like that would do the job anyway) and I don't consider it remotely close to a relapse. That's me. What you chose to decide having some is your call.

Second - you know you can have a meeting with just one other person, right? That's all it takes. FYI - I've had meetings with my BF before, just to have one...
Old 08-26-2020, 11:43 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Gosh I guess I just don’t get it: it doesn’t matter at all whether someone says or you say or the universe says you had a relapse.

what matters is staying sober. Period.

this sounds like a serious mind game! Why would anyone worry about this?

you didn’t go get a cocktail or sit down with a bottle and drink it, you used a known anesthetic to try to kill jaw pain.

not the smartest Idea to have alcohol in your mouth as an alcoholic, it starts cravings to drink, but it’s what you had on hand and you seem desperate with the pain.

if your “sober clock” matters a lot to you, keep it ticking. If it doesn’t, stay sober anyway. The answer is to stay sober, no matter what kind of timeline you’ve got: one hour or 19 months.

im hoping you were able to get some treatment for that pain. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Don’t let this incident talk that demon in your head into picking up your problem again. There’s no need to go back to drinking, just set this aside, get proper treatment and move on with sobriety.