Notices

Jealousy?

Old 07-12-2020, 10:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Jealousy?

Is it possible to have ex-friends jealous of your sobriety? I just reached 9 years on the 2nd. I had this one friend that when we became friends she was also sober. She went back to drinking when she met her now-husband. I tried remaining friends and even had given her 50$ for her wedding. I just graduated with my BS in Nutrition and talk a lot about health-relate things on social media. I had mentioned something about a condition she had in a thread, she wanted me to delete (I did, thought nothing of it). She unfriended me and I tried reaching out nothing. So I blocked her moved on. Now she's telling mutual friends I'm on drugs (complete rumors). Could she be jealous of my continued sobriety and she went back? Thanks.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes your old friends don't like that you are sober .
You need to find sober friends .
Old 07-12-2020, 10:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It could be she is jealous. It could be one of a hundred other possible things. If she doesn't come right out and tell you, you'll never know. If you still want to be friends, you could send her a quick note and say you don't know what you did to upset her, but you'd still like to be friends if she wants to talk. That's about all you can do. And congrats on you sobriety!
Old 07-12-2020, 11:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nathan57 View Post
It could be she is jealous. It could be one of a hundred other possible things. If she doesn't come right out and tell you, you'll never know. If you still want to be friends, you could send her a quick note and say you don't know what you did to upset her, but you'd still like to be friends if she wants to talk. That's about all you can do. And congrats on you sobriety!
I tried to no avail. She never responded to my text to address things. Now she's going and spreading rumors. Guess cie le vie.
Old 07-13-2020, 05:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Jealousy is more prevalent in people than many realize. So it could be.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Samantha

Oh yes it happens. Do anything good for yourself...be sober, eat clean, lose weight etc. People will be jealous.
Old 07-13-2020, 08:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had to get away from the social media thing.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Junglistin303 View Post
Is it possible to have ex-friends jealous of your sobriety? I just reached 9 years on the 2nd. I had this one friend that when we became friends she was also sober. She went back to drinking when she met her now-husband. I tried remaining friends and even had given her 50$ for her wedding. I just graduated with my BS in Nutrition and talk a lot about health-relate things on social media. I had mentioned something about a condition she had in a thread, she wanted me to delete (I did, thought nothing of it). She unfriended me and I tried reaching out nothing. So I blocked her moved on. Now she's telling mutual friends I'm on drugs (complete rumors). Could she be jealous of my continued sobriety and she went back? Thanks.
Possibly because you mentioned something about a condition she had in a thread that she wanted you to delete?
Old 07-14-2020, 11:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Maybe she saw it as unwanted advice? Maybe she is jealous not of your sobriety only but what you have accomplished overall. It sounds like you did what you could and you should move on. Sounds like drama. I had a bit of friend drama at one point and about 5 years later we reconciled.