Notices

Tobacco use 80 days after quit

Old 06-29-2020, 08:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tobacco use 80 days after quit

So I didn’t really know where else to put this, but it’s pretty straightforward. I quit drinking 81 days ago today, but have a terrible problem with chewing tobacco to this day and am curious if anyone else has had this happen. Basically since I quit, every time I put a dip in I’m fine for about 2 minutes, but then I start shaking, get very lightheaded and nervous until about 20 minutes after I take it out. I’ve been chewing for about 14 years now and this has never happened. The only exception is at night when I get real tired I can chew just fine no problem. I remember this happening while I was still drinking, but after about 3-4 drinks I would be fine. Anyone have any idea or have talked to a doctor about this? Thanks
Old 06-29-2020, 08:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice job on your 80+ days, that’s awesome!

I used to be a smoker and I dipped too.. I still use nicotine with a vapor gizmo.. not sure what the issue is but it’s seems, maybe the dose might be stronger now, I don’t know why.. when I first got sober in the first year I had all kinds of strange things, weird feelings etc happen to me. it takes a while for all the stuff to get out of your system.

Sorry I wasn’t that much help. Great job on your time, 90 is right around the corner! Wishing you the best..

i know alcohol is a depressant. I think nicotine is a stimulant.. maybe that’s what’s causing the shakes.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I used to smoke and the two went together. If I was smoking but not drinking the nicotine would amplify my withdrawal symptoms and the same would happen.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I quit drinking first and then quit smoking many years ago but started dipping Tobacco a year ago when I took up and still do otr truck driving! I dip tobacco 3 times a day after every meal! Plus I probably suck on ten 3 mg zyn nicotine pouches throughout the day and ten coffee grind pouches while I drive so that way I don’t dip tobacco so much! You could try nicotine pouches or alternate with the dip to cut back on the dip! Yes it’s still nicotine but less harmful than dipping tobacco! As far as the shaking and lightheadedness, no; I’ve never gotten that! Are you drinking coffee too? That could contribute to your symptoms! Or maybe you’ve got hypoglycemia going on! Do you experience this when dipping on an empty stomach? If so, maybe you need some food in you first to keep the blood sugar up!