Notices

High tolerance. Withdrawal. Relationship.

Old 06-22-2020, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

High tolerance. Withdrawal. Relationship.

Thanks in advance. Reason im posting is ive been through hell and back this week. I was drinking... And then **** hit the fan. 30 yr old. Have a great girlfriend who unfortunately witnessed everything developed. She doesnt drink. I do or did. My lifestyle has been all in. 100% or nothing at all. Adrenaline filled. Sorry if its a long post. Have to let it out if the next person in harm reads and can relate. Also any advice from those who can understand. I started drinking. My tolerance is of no need to brag about. I have a high tolerance for many things... Pain and such. I've been involved in mma. Drinking was never an issue until it became one. It all started one night, was strapped for cash so not one drink any more. Hours later im laying in the bed. My girlfriend who i was trying to talk about not feeling good dismissed it as just drunk talk. She's not having it. Now im a strong style man that could have easily said.. **** this , keys and cash now!! But no im not like that.By this time she'd taken money, car keys, even our house keys away from me. Clearly im not functioning. She thinks i am because im blacked out pumped of alcohol still prancing around. Its weird i was still in her view ok. I layed next to her. The night started to seem weird. I saw ants or a roach in the wall which was not there. Paced around the room. Dry heaving . Shaking. Cramps and feelings of electrical jumping activities.Falling in and out of semi sleep paralysis. Weirdness of brain episodes.constant bickering. Impending doom. And then it hit. I could hardly get up to walk. Next to her in the bed i ******* convulsed like the damn girl in the exorcist film. So she said. This happened twice. She not knowing about alcohol withdrawal freaked out but immediately did research and sure enough when i managed to reason dressed me and took me to the hospital. I convulsed in the triage. Hit the floor like never before. At this point im lights out. They only kept me until i managed to wake up. No meds, nothing. Thank you U.S.A healthcare. Was discharged. Came back home and seized 2 more times. Im alive now. My girlfriend who is so supportive is here with me. I had 3 or 4 opportunities to die in front of her. If not the seizures the damn falls. She was scared. This is real wide eye opening for us. We had a serious talk about forever changing. Im done. She also believes she is so in love to work it out because i actually want to. And that is what matters. We dont fight and argue about it. We talk and conversateThanks for reading. To anybody that has a significant other who is there through this, we are blessed. Not only has she taken me to the hospital. She also has been my 24hr nurse. Preps meals on the instant etc. Everything but left. Im grateful and can appreciate this. We can change . We wil change. And maybe you can attest to this.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard kickboxer - glad you're ok and are committed to not drinking again. You'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 06-22-2020, 07:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yes, Kickboxer, change is entirely possible!
Old 06-22-2020, 07:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
quat

A fighter with a great comer , welcome aboard, Rootin for ya
Old 06-23-2020, 03:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're safe now, Kickboxer. I've found that positive change is possible, from drinker to non-drinker, I wholeheartedly endorse the latter!
Old 06-24-2020, 04:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Awesome you are here Kickboxer. Don't squander this chance. You only get so many get out of jail free cards. Post here often and keep us up to date. If you haven't really tried to quit yet then make sure to read around here and get support.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Im back. No nonsense. It's been tough. Removing oneself is a life changer. My recovery has not been bunnies and rainbows. Im still going through the aftermath. Withdrawals are for sure still happening extensively. To a lesser extent every day. At points it is still getting really nasty. Days have gone gone by. And yet im here. The damn thought of just letting **** hit the fan again and end the pain are ever present . it's so easy And that is frightening!!!. But i cant. Hell no.Thats why im back. I've had grueling matches fights real beat down fests if anyone one day see my fights. The support i read. This will be a battle unlike no others. Mostly internally. But if you are out there and give me strength and encouragement And say champ! You have this fight as well. I can also only give what is given to me. If you fall let me catch you. If along the way i can bring up anyone within my possible means. I will. Because i would have made it too. Thanks
Old 06-25-2020, 12:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Kickboxer

I think everyone has tough days...one thing I used to help me was to accept it took me twenty years of hard hard boozing to get to the point where I quit...it was always going to take a little time to get through the withdrawal and start to feel a little better.

I'm not a kickboxer by any stretch of the imagination - but if I could deal with the hard parts of early recovery, you can man

D
Old 06-25-2020, 02:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey man, welcome. Wishing the best for you. Not sure how many days it's been, but usually it starts to get better somewhere after 5-7 days. Stay safe. Get support on here and any other support network you have. Drink lots of water. Make yourself eat. Take a multivitamin.
Originally Posted by KickboxerK1 View Post
Im back. No nonsense. It's been tough. Removing oneself is a life changer. My recovery has not been bunnies and rainbows. Im still going through the aftermath. Withdrawals are for sure still happening extensively. To a lesser extent every day. At points it is still getting really nasty. Days have gone gone by. And yet im here. The damn thought of just letting **** hit the fan again and end the pain are ever present . it's so easy And that is frightening!!!. But i cant. Hell no.Thats why im back. I've had grueling matches fights real beat down fests if anyone one day see my fights. The support i read. This will be a battle unlike no others. Mostly internally. But if you are out there and give me strength and encouragement And say champ! You have this fight as well. I can also only give what is given to me. If you fall let me catch you. If along the way i can bring up anyone within my possible means. I will. Because i would have made it too. Thanks