Notices

Day 1 done.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 done.

Had to call off work because of how ****** I felt when I woke up. I just laid in bed all day can't really sleep long as I start dreaming as soon as a I shut my eyes, not nightmares or hallucinating when they're open or anything like that. No appetite at all today but thats because during my final binge yesterday I took a 40mg paxil which I haven't been on for years so its ******* with me too. Hopefully I'll still feel ok at 8am and can go to work. I just can't really sleep because of all the dreams. Most days I work 9-5 and barely have any wd issues if any at all during work ,its my 2 days off where I drink all day and I can't take it anymore. I think I'm going to talk to my manager when I get in just incase anything happens while I'm at work. Can't take medical leave I believe since it requires a return to work note and my dr won't even talk to people about Alcohol WD without a 3 days er stay which I can't do. I also have a bit of a dry mouth but thats also probably from the paxil like the lost of appetite, I was eating fine before today. Last drink was 24 hours and 51 minutes ago.

Forgot my BP is a bit high, 129/95 so not super high, pulse is in the 60s-70s
Old 05-26-2020, 09:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Free.

Glad you’re back SbL!

Stick around.

Post often.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'll always advise folks who are in a bad way to go to the ER or their Dr, but it look like you're fairly committed to not getting help and just trying to get through it, so I hope things get better SBL.

D
Old 05-27-2020, 03:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
vkf

Not sure how off you are but going to the er is the smart play. Dont want to hijack your thread but just went through this about 5-6 days ago and was so glad I went. Withdrawal can be downright scary. I tried to muscle through it and it was NOT worth it.
Hope your doing better. Also the lack of sleep and horrible dreams deal sucks. Mine would get straight up demonic.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just checked in at the er told them I can't stay overnight ill see how this goes
Old 05-27-2020, 07:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bp is 150/105 its normally 105-120/65-80. Waiting to hear back from doc.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm glad you went in, hope it goes smoothly and that this never has to happen again.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I'm glad you went in, hope it goes smoothly and that this never has to happen again.
they just gave iv of antican zoomssomething fornnasue
Old 05-27-2020, 08:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpankedbyLife View Post
they just gave iv of antican zoomssomething fornnasue
Probably Ativan? Maybe? It's in the benzodiazepine class, called Lorazepam. It will settle you down...I'm glad you're getting help.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Probably Ativan? Maybe? It's in the benzodiazepine class, called Lorazepam. It will settle you down...I'm glad you're getting help.
I've was Ativan something to prevent nausea. Waiting on the script to leave
Old 05-27-2020, 10:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are okay, SBL.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

BP is back to normal and I'm home.. CVS won't have the librium until tomorrow morning...They also can't transfer it get ahold of the dr to write a new script.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Finally got my libriaum 10mg 3x a day this afternoon, 24 hours after leaving the ER due to it not being instock.. BP was fine and no AWD side effects since leaving the ER where they just gave me 1mg of the Ativan injection and sent me on my way atfter some fluids. Not really sure if I need the librium or not but I still took my first dose at 5pm today as soon as I got home from the pharmacy. I just woke up from a 4 hour nap o.o It knocked me out. I have an appointment at 9:30 am tomorrow with my regular DR who I've avoided seeing since late 2017 since I was too embarrassed to let him know I've been drinking. =\
Old 05-29-2020, 07:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpankedbyLife View Post
Finally got my libriaum 10mg 3x a day this afternoon, 24 hours after leaving the ER due to it not being instock.. BP was fine and no AWD side effects since leaving the ER where they just gave me 1mg of the Ativan injection and sent me on my way atfter some fluids. Not really sure if I need the librium or not but I still took my first dose at 5pm today as soon as I got home from the pharmacy. I just woke up from a 4 hour nap o.o It knocked me out. I have an appointment at 9:30 am tomorrow with my regular DR who I've avoided seeing since late 2017 since I was too embarrassed to let him know I've been drinking. =\
Well, you are on your way. Made it this far! Good luck with the Dr.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Dr visit went great. He asked me why I haven't been in since 2017 when I last was sober and I told him I was too embarrassed to tell him I was drinking again. He's very nice and just told me he doesn't judge. He looked at my EKG from my ER visit and said it looks fine even though the dr at the hospital said it was "abnormal." Told him about the minor chest tightness at work, which I haven't had for a week now and he ordered a treadmill stress test to see if that tells anything. None of my blood work is too high and will be normal within a month he said.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you saw the doctor

D