Notices

Chest pain?

Old 05-25-2020, 02:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Chest pain?

Struggling to quit again after 3 years of drinking 6-18 units daily. Trying to get in to see my dr even though I'm so embarrassed that I failed him with my promise to say sober after being in the ICU for 3 days in 2017 from withdrawal. Every day I say I'm going to quit and I'm pretty sure I can go cold turkey this time, I've gone 20 or so hours without a drink, no with drawal problems. But lately at work and other times I've been feeling a tightness in my upper left chest area, its not really bad but its noticeable. I'm not sure if it could be from this, my returning asthma or stress\anxiety. All I know is once I'm home and have a drink or 2 it goes away. It takes 10+ units to even feel tipsy and I think I drink more out of habbit than anything.
Old 05-25-2020, 02:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Never fool around with chest pain. Get checked out SBL
It might be nothing, but it's best to risk overeacting than to do nothing.

D
Old 05-25-2020, 04:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by SpankedbyLife View Post
I think I drink more out of habbit than anything.
To minimize your drinking as a "habit" is to admit you haven't accepted your alcoholism and therefore it's solution, which is never drinking again.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
To minimize your drinking as a "habit" is to admit you haven't accepted your alcoholism and therefore it's solution, which is never drinking again.
As a dog groomer Iove your icon and the comment with it.
Also I made an appointment with my dr , its a month out though =\ I think its from stress since it only happens at work and on work days after work when I'm still thinking about work but I know I still need to go get it checked. Also the past 3 days I've managed to taper down to 12 units.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

thats a good start for sure - but push forward SBL - the only way for change to occur is to get to zero units and stay there.

D
Old 05-27-2020, 01:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Too bad it’s a month to see your doctor! Did you tell them you have chest pains? Seems like that should result in a quick appointment or a recommendation to go to the ER.

The only time in my life I went to an ER as a patient was for chest pain. EKG and cardiac enzymes normal. Turns out it was caused by GERD — I was embarrassed. But they said I was right to come in. In fact, they said it’s always right to go in if you have chest pains.

So don’t be reluctant to go to an ER with the chest pains if you can’t see your doc sooner.