Notices

Feeling terrible

Old 12-02-2004, 12:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling terrible

I got very drunk last week and am still waking up feeling sick six days later. I think I had alcohol posion and am worried that I have dont some damage. Has anybody had a hangover last this long. Or should I get it checked out.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
spirit

hi butterfly, no i havent been that ill for so such a time. i would suggest that maybe you go to the dr and ask for a full check up, unless he/she knows your story dont feel you have to fess up. maybe just say you are feeling run down etc. that way you can have a full service, eg blood, urine tests etc. maybe your hormone levels, sugar levels, electrilite levels are a bit out of whack.

i dont know if you have been taking pain killers, eg codeine to get over the hang over, but there is such a thing as a codeine hangover if you take too much and that might be happening for you as well. in that case maybe suggest to the dr that he does a liver test for exessive codeine or paracetamol etc.

if dr is aware of your drinking, then tell the truth and get the appropriate tests. worrying about how you are feeling probably isnt helping either hon.

in the mean time, try to eat healthy, drink lots of water and take some mega vitamins, see how that works
good luck
kath
Old 12-02-2004, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah maybe should get checked up but only had my liver and kindneys checked three months ago an were all ok. But I really did over do it with the alcohol the other night. Just cant seem to get food into me which probably is not helping. Thanks for the advice. Will go later. Take care!
Old 12-02-2004, 06:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hey..

It would take me full 3 days to recover from one night of crazy drinking... Once I went on a 3-day binge, and it took me over a week to get back to "normal"... So yes, it is possible -- but I'd still see your doctor...

TG28
Old 12-06-2004, 01:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Seems I had Gastritis caused by excessive alcohol intake. Makes your stomach acid and inflammed makes you feel pretty terrible. Still has up side to it have not drank since.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Maybe not drinking is a good idea....
Old 12-06-2004, 10:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
new life

Hello Butterfly, I'm with music on this, try to stay not drinking, you should feel a lot
better in a short time.

TC mikee
Old 12-06-2004, 01:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Chalk that one up on your ......"Reasons NOT TO DRINK !" list.