Notices

New Day

Old 05-04-2020, 02:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Day

At various times in the last several years I have stopped drinking . . . and restarted drinking. My best was 58 days. In the last few months I have also attempted to lose weight by going on a keto diet. Well, let me tell you, three months in and the effects of two and a half glasses of wine when you eat very few carbs is no joke the next morning. Hangover is waaay out of proportion to the amount imbibed. So I have determined that alcohol and becoming healthy (in all ways) are not compatible for me. I do love my Chardonnay. And my Scotch in the winter. Oh, heck, and beer on a hot day. But I'm saying goodbye today and I've come back to the place that will hold me accountable and encourage me and inspire me to do this one day at a time. Thank you for listening.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Branches
D
Old 05-04-2020, 03:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back here again. Hope you can use the tools here to stay stopped now. I loved drink. I make no bones or apologies about it. The problem is that the two (myself and alcohol) cannot live in harmony together so it had to go, for good. Best of luck.
Old 05-04-2020, 06:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, you put it very well. I cannot live in harmony (or at least my body can't) with nearly a bottle of wine a day. Whether my body's rebelling because I'm approaching 65 (too old, girlfriend!) or because it's too much to ask of my liver to do low carb and drink almost a bottle of wine a day is anyone's guess, but I had to have a good think this morning about what I want my life to be after Covid, what kind of person I want to be when I'm 70, do I want to be the kind of grandmother that you can't let the kids stay with cuz Grandma drinks a little, and do I want to stroke out or have a heart attack because of my passion for Chardonnay. Thanks for your post. My plan is to come on here every day, re-read all my sobriety books, and be in constant touch with my Higher Power. Thanks for listening!
Old 05-04-2020, 07:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

good to see you back, Branches.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
luring sobriety this way with my lucky charm

I congratulate you on your decision to stop drinking wine. I too have an unhealthy relationship with wine.

{No offense but....LOL at low-carb diet with wine. You know that alcohol is all carbs, right? Just eat some bread. Keto is actually not a healthy diet. It can kill people.**
Old 05-05-2020, 10:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Reid82 View Post
Welcome back here again. Hope you can use the tools here to stay stopped now. I loved drink. I make no bones or apologies about it. The problem is that the two (myself and alcohol) cannot live in harmony together so it had to go, for good. Best of luck.
Right, i'm the same. I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out at a pub drinking with people, or a concert. Unlike a lot on here, my worst day sober was not better than my best day drinking. However, I couldn't moderate for any real length of time and it was slowly destroying me.