Notices

2 years sober 4/19/20

Old 04-28-2020, 11:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Finally Honest

2 years sober 4/19/20

Hey all,

I first came on soberrecovery in 2005. I had been a chronic opiate/alcoholic relapser up until I finally surrendered on 4/19/2018 with the help of a DUI. I am so grateful for God AA and places like this. At times like we are currently in having an outlet like this can be the reason someone stays sober.

i just spent some time reading through old posts, the self deception was almost comical to read except that really it’s quite sad that I was unwilling to let Go of my addictions and put my trust in my HP. As my sponsor says “it takes what it takes” to get you sober. im so glad I never gave up trying.

grateful to all of you on here newly sober or with decades of sobriety!! God bless you all!!!
Old 04-28-2020, 08:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Hi Wantingit, 2 years is amazing. I hope my story can be positive like yours. I have been here around 10 years but still haven't figured it out. Thanks for coming back and sharing it gave me hope!
Old 04-28-2020, 08:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations wantingit!
D
Old 04-29-2020, 01:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 years of being sober.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your sobriety. I just had my first DUI last week. It will be an awful price to pay as the laws are very hard here. I am struggling with the financial burden, life burden I have placed upon my family for quite awhile I know deep down that I needed this to turn my life around and finally admit that I am truly powerless to alcohol. I’ve got counseling set up and have started going to online A.A. Thanks for the inspirations.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wantingit View Post
Hey all,

I first came on soberrecovery in 2005. I had been a chronic opiate/alcoholic relapser up until I finally surrendered on 4/19/2018 with the help of a DUI. I am so grateful for God AA and places like this. At times like we are currently in having an outlet like this can be the reason someone stays sober.

i just spent some time reading through old posts, the self deception was almost comical to read except that really it’s quite sad that I was unwilling to let Go of my addictions and put my trust in my HP. As my sponsor says “it takes what it takes” to get you sober. im so glad I never gave up trying.

grateful to all of you on here newly sober or with decades of sobriety!! God bless you all!!!
Congrats on two years! How are you feeling?
Old 04-29-2020, 06:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tick View Post
Congratulations on your sobriety. I just had my first DUI last week. It will be an awful price to pay as the laws are very hard here. I am struggling with the financial burden, life burden I have placed upon my family for quite awhile I know deep down that I needed this to turn my life around and finally admit that I am truly powerless to alcohol. I’ve got counseling set up and have started going to online A.A. Thanks for the inspirations.
I wish the best for you man. Keep your head up. Getting sober can be done.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ZIP

Congrats on 2 years. I admire people who commit and persevere. Roll sober, friend.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 years!