Notices

Anyone awake?

Old 03-29-2020, 12:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone awake?

Do you know those times when the ugly filling wears off? You forget how horrible you felt the next day when you had a hangover. It’s been two weeks and as I get bored or I don’t know what it is. The disease? I struggle with why don’t I just go to the liquor store and just get a beer there’s nothing wrong with it I’m at home watching movies what can I hurt? I keep trying to remind myself I’ll regret it tomorrow because I’ll be gambling will it just be one and if it is OK I got lucky this one time. Is it always gonna be like this? I hate this feeling I hate feeling broken and weak. What do I have to prove to anyone? Maybe I really am just like my dad I think all these years I’ve always tried to control the alcohol so I can prove I’m not like my dad broken and an alcoholic. Thoughts anyone?
Old 03-29-2020, 01:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi JustMe

I had a million rationalisarions for taking another drink..but the bottom line was drinking the way I did was incredibly dangerous to me.

I tried to drink a normal way - could never so ir - so the smart decision was to not drink at all.

I know it's hard but there is support here - even of a lot of our members are asleep.

No one ever regrets not drinking - please stay with us

D
Old 03-29-2020, 01:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you so much! I’m staying in but I hate this one minute at a time!
Old 03-29-2020, 01:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It will get better justme!

D
Old 03-29-2020, 05:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It really does get easier to not drink Justme.
You will actually get to a point where you prefer the feeling of sobriety, which I never thought would happen to me until it did.

I love how I feel now-at peace, not controlled by my cravings for booze and escape any longer.

Just keep doing the right thing in these early days and it will come. Post here often when the cravings / boredom / anxiety hit and know each time you resist, your “sober muscles” get stronger and your life slowly will move away from centering on booze to better things.

Take up a hobby, exercise, eat good food, reconnect with others.
Abstaining isn’t the same as recovery.

You’re doing great. Hold the line.