Notices

90 days sober today! But still aches and fatigue

Old 03-25-2020, 04:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GG7

90 days sober today! But still aches and fatigue

Hello everyone,

I pray everyone is doing well on their journey, and especially with what's going on in the world. Praying everyone is safe, and healthy! I am super excited that I have reached 90 days no alcohol. However, I must admit I felt much better while drinking. Not saying I want to drink. Just baffles me that I could drink wine everyday and feel great, and now that I try to eat healthy, and workout, I am still not feeling like myself.

Wondering if anyone has gone through these symptoms even at 90 days? I have gone to the doctor and they say I am fine, praise God! Even went to the neorologist when I was having the tingling and he said he thought I must have taken two much vitamin b6 and to stop taking it.
But not sure if he is right because I had a test and my B6 was normal/high but not high. By the way, if anyone knows of how to supplement and avoid B6 please let me know. Hard to find vitamins now.

But regarding symptoms...Just seems weird...I have also been having extreme stiffness and even creaking sound coming from my knees and hips. I am still young and in relatively good shape so too young for creaking sounds I would think. When I get out of bed I have to sit there and prepare to stand up. My legs are soooo stiff in the morning or after I have sat in a chair for even a short period of time.

I also have to take a deep breath when I first wake up in the morning and almost like something moves when I inhale...no pain or anything. Just need one big inhale first. But the good thing is the tingling for the most part is about 90% gone. However, I still feel it here and there in my face, hands, and legs. Also, have been having sharp small prickle in my stomach area. And lots of gas, especially if I eat a cookie or candy bar.

That's the other thing. I was eating super healthy for 2.5 months. All of a sudden 2 wks ago I started craving chocolate like crazy to the point I ate 3 candy bars and a bag of cookies in one day. Been trying to stop with the chocolate but it's almost like a strong craving. I don't crave alcohol...well maybe a tiny tiny bit. But not like the chocolate. I am so disappointed because I lost over 20 pounds and now have gained 5 back in 2 weeks from the chocolate cravings and my stomach is super bloated. Ugh! I don't know ....does this get any better? I am happy I have made 90 days so far, but hate that I don't have any energy or feel very well most of the time
Thanks for listening.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats again GG.

I had all that stuff earlier but not at 90 days..well except the sweet tooth.

I can only suggest getting a second opinion if you think your current drs not on the ball?

D
Old 03-25-2020, 05:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
GG7

Thanks Dee74 for your reply. Yes, I thought it strange that this started later instead of sooner. When I didn't drink for two weeks 4 years ago, I got very strong sweet cravings, and I would get extremely irritable about the time I usually drank. So this time I was expecting the same thing. But instead I got the tingling (which now has subsided) and the aches came 2 months ago and the sweets about 2.5 wks ago like crazy. Regarding the Dr. I have an appt. in a couple of weeks.

Going to get all the blood work redone, etc. Hoping they are allowing folks to go to Dr. appt. considering what's going on in the world right now. Our city has a shut-in in place, so not sure how going to Dr.'s appts. fit into the rules. But in the meantime just trying to stay positive and reading the positive posts where folks talk about how they finally got past all this stuff and started feeling better! Staying hopeful
Old 03-25-2020, 05:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

90 days is awesome! Still early in recovery. My mind and body went through a lot of changes beyond the first year. Best wishes for your journey!
Old 03-26-2020, 05:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA Member

grats on 90

Old 03-26-2020, 06:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

By 90 days I was well on with the AA program, into step nine in fact, and alcohol had lost its power over me. Most of the horrors were over too, the bad dreams, sense of helplessness etc had all pretty much departed.

However I still suffered from tiredness, some days it was a struggle to get out of bed. A certain amount of this was just learning the self discipline of normal living, not drinking coffee late at night, going to bed at a sensible time, good eating habits etc.

It took a while for me get into a routine, and I was still prone to rough spots as I made mistakes and learned lessons, which is really what life in the real world is about.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

90 days is awesome!! And still super early. I bet it does and doesn't seem like it's been 3 mo, if you are like me- which it sounds like you are! Yes, many of these things take longer to work themselves out. I thought of it as the effects of the alcohol rolling out of my body head to toe.

I do recall a noticeable shift forward in a lot of things around 100 days. It's not linear, but EVERYTHING gets better if you stay sober.

Keep going!
Old 03-30-2020, 03:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
GG7

Thanks to everyone that posted a reply. I appreciate the feedback! Yes it’s definitely a journey I’m looking forward to a lot of the symptoms going away especially right now with what’s going on in the world it’s easy to freak out about every little symptom I feel now .
Old 03-30-2020, 10:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great job on 90 days.. Thats awesome!! Keep up the good work!

Keep doing what you've been doing! Thanks for sharing. wishing you the best!

It gets better everyday, take it slow and steady, one day at a time!!
Old 03-30-2020, 11:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

OMG I’m at 85 days and feel exactly the same. Feel like my body is suddenly falling apart. I know it’s just healing from all the damage I’m sure I did when drinking but ouch!
Old 04-08-2020, 04:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
GG7

Yes it's all so strange. I thought I would be experiencing all these great feelings that you read about on the blogs. Of the transformation that happens when one stops drinking. I will say though that even with the symptoms I felt and a couple I still experience. I do feel better..lol. I know that may sound strange but since I know the symptoms are apart of the process to healing I am excited that there is a light and freedom. Free not to sit in front of my computer and drink wine all night. Knowing that it depresses me after the so called euphoria effect goes away. Also, that I will absolutely feel like crap in the morning, and sleep in late, not complete my goals, and the list goes on. I am looking forward to all the symptoms going away so I can start to feel the amazing feeling people speak about that have quite, as not everyone goes through withdrawal symptoms.
Old 04-25-2020, 07:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Re: 90 days sober today! But still aches and fatigue

Thanks for the post. I am at 83 days, and having some real fatigue and even visual issues. I feel a lot better than I did a month or two ago. It's as if symptoms are going one at a time (insomnia, heavy anxiety mostly gone).
Old 04-25-2020, 07:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jc2670 View Post
OMG I’m at 85 days and feel exactly the same. Feel like my body is suddenly falling apart. I know it’s just healing from all the damage I’m sure I did when drinking but ouch!
Hey! Now that you are past the 90 day mark and longer, how do you feel now? I am at 83 days...
Old 04-26-2020, 03:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You asked about vitamns/supplements. Try YouTube. First recovery he has a video on the three supplements that help
Old 04-26-2020, 03:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Better4life View Post
You asked about vitamns/supplements. Try YouTube. First recovery he has a video on the three supplements that help

I recommend anyone thinking about taking supplements sees their doctor first, particularly if they are already on meds, or have existing health condoitions.
Whats good for you might not be good for me and vice versa
D
Old 04-27-2020, 11:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Funki View Post
Hey! Now that you are past the 90 day mark and longer, how do you feel now? I am at 83 days...

I’m now at 112 days and my body still aches, but I can feel everything balancing out and starting to feel better slowly.Â
Old 04-27-2020, 12:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jc2670 View Post
I’m now at 112 days and my body still aches, but I can feel everything balancing out and starting to feel better slowly.Â
That's good to hear!