Notices

I think I messed up things really badly :/

Old 02-24-2020, 08:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'd like to add some more ...

1st, thank you all your support! It really means a lot to me.

2nd ... I think I made a misstake again. I think I reached the "kindling" effect. Last time, which was 3 days ago (so on Friday), when I drunk, I had awful withdrawal on Saturday, Sunday and now on Monday. On my first day I could not walk, my heart was racing realy fast, I was very anxious, depressed, I could not roll a cigarette, hold food etc. I think I will quickly progress to DTs or seizures if I don't stop this thing now.

But all of it still hasn't kept me from drinking today.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I really hope you go to treatment tomorrow.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Vino88 View Post
I'd like to add some more ...

1st, thank you all your support! It really means a lot to me.

2nd ... I think I made a misstake again. I think I reached the "kindling" effect. Last time, which was 3 days ago (so on Friday), when I drunk, I had awful withdrawal on Saturday, Sunday and now on Monday. On my first day I could not walk, my heart was racing realy fast, I was very anxious, depressed, I could not roll a cigarette, hold food etc. I think I will quickly progress to DTs or seizures if I don't stop this thing now.

But all of it still hasn't kept me from drinking today.
I do hope you can seek the help you need vino. Sounds like you might be past the point of being able to make decisions in your best interest when it comes to alcohol and or drugs. When is your intake meeting? I think its absolutely critical that you get there. You mention your parents in your original post, do they know you are drinking? Maybe reach out to them and see if they can get you in sooner.
Old 02-24-2020, 04:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

BUT,
as always, despite all 400 pages on SR I already read, I caved again. You know how this desease manifests itself. Drank about 1.5l of wine and 1 beer. Also have some weed to burn before the "NEXT STEP".

I am more and more surrendered by this whole situation. I believe that God will put things into right direction sooner or later.
Being passive really isn't going to work.
Things are not happening to you - you are letting them happen.

You can fight a disease.
You can also pick up a shovel to help God move those mountains for you.

D
Old 02-25-2020, 07:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I came positive and they did not accept me. They gave me another date in 14 days.

It was very nice there. I quickly made bond with some people. Can't wait for these 14 days to pass.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

So what is your plan to manage cravings and get those 14 days Vino?

You need strategy and specific actions to take in temptations, not just hope or desire.

You can do it but it requires proactive anticipation and work . . .
Old 02-25-2020, 08:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post

You need strategy and specific actions to take in temptations, not just hope or desire.

That.
hope
wishing
promises

Don't work at this point.

you have to be active and choose every one of these 14 days to be sober.

Good luck vino.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:17 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post

I will try to learn AVRT and I will attend Al-Anon meetings in my area (3x per week).

Don't know what else.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:20 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I came positive and they did not accept me. They gave me another date in 14 days.

It was very nice there. I quickly made bond with some people. Can't wait for these 14 days to pass.
Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought you said that if you tested positive you were going to a different facility that worked with illicit drugs too?

Did they have any recommendations for resources or things you should do in the meantime? You've already gone back out and drank/used twice just in the few days leading up to intake...what's going to stop you from continuing to do so over 14 days?
Old 02-25-2020, 08:46 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I will try to learn AVRT and I will attend Al-Anon meetings in my area (3x per week).

Don't know what else.
Search "recovery plans" on the site here and you should find some more specifics

Here is the main link to get you going. Take the time to really read and understand it, then make a plan specific to you, and you can get excellent results!

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...at-we-did.html (Recovery Programs & What to Expect (What We Did))

Good Luck and Hard Effort Vino!
Old 02-25-2020, 08:53 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
nez

Don't know what else.
Do things that you haven't been doing and don't do things that you have been doing. :~) If you can get into rehab with 14 days sober, you will be able to process the learning available there so much better and faster with a alcohol free brain. How great will that be! You can do this.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Al-anon????

I have only started Al-Anon in the past 6 mo. I just hit 4 yr sober.

That is way above pay grade when we first stop drinking.

You need a literal plan.
Get all alcohol and drugs out of the house.
Don't get more.
Do things like go to a movie and sit there to occupy two hours.
Do ANYTHING to occupy any increment of time. Nap then go to bed at 7p to get to the next day.
Do not spend time with anyone who uses or go "hang out" or socialize.
So on.

I know one guy who wanted to get sober so much that he paid one MARTA fare (public train here) and rode the north end to south end loop, from the suburbs to airport, round and round as long as he could. Every day. Around AA meetings.

Once we are at the point where we must quit or should really go to treatment, none of this is extreme, friend.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:37 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought you said that if you tested positive you were going to a different facility that worked with illicit drugs too?

Did they have any recommendations for resources or things you should do in the meantime? You've already gone back out and drank/used twice just in the few days leading up to intake...what's going to stop you from continuing to do so over 14 days?
They offered me one more chance. If I come clean from everything, they will accept me, otherwise no. I told the Doctor that I can't get clean from THC in 14 days, but she said that I can if I stop now. So I will do that.

Thank you for all responses and suggestions! I really appreciate them!
Old 02-26-2020, 04:52 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

THC/pot can take 30 days or even a little longer. So for that and a million other reasons, banking on 14 days and thinking you could smoke just today, for example, is a bad idea.

If you indeed appreciate what we're saying, then take action, friend.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:24 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thank you!

I will and I do. I can't afford to get drunk anymore. My withdrawals are so horrific ... Day 5. I had some urges, but when I think about consequences ... my stomachs rolls and turns around. Whenever I think about buying wine and getting drunk, I also remember about AVRT and it's meaning.

May God bless you all!
Old 03-02-2020, 07:32 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

day 5 is great, Vino!
whenever i got urges, it was really helpful to me to see how i was feeling (other than “urged”, of course) and then i had a good chance at figuring out what i could do to take care of myself.
mostly, the urges were results of feeling angry, restless, rejected, misunderstood, stressed.
learning to “be” with those feelings was part and parcel of early sobriety.