Notices

Back again

Old 02-12-2020, 07:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scaredikklegoth View Post
Hmm, perhaps I should read some literature on the issue. Any secular recommendations?
“this naked mind”. It literally changed my life.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

A great book about the first year sober is Living Sober. It is a Hazelden publication and an AA-approved piece but NOT an AA book,

Others find a lot out of This Naked Mind.

I had to get a pile of books for sure as reading helps me -but they were only helpful when I was taking action not thinking about it.
-Not only checking to and reading around sr. Creating a plan to use it. I joined my Class of Feb 2016 class and made friends. Got some from there with whom our #4 bdays are happening now.

- go to iRL meetings. Whatever kind. We need connection and that means in person for me, I didn't WANT to go but it was my last option so my butt was in chairs and I learned the program of AA.
-go to some kind of spiritual practice that might interest you - there are even yoga for 12 step (non AA) practices in many places.
-go to meetings of the kinds people talk about here like SMART, Celebratae Recovery, whatever

Learn the ways the rest of us do in order to not drink.

We can't stay in the land of reading up, maybes and those are good ideas to look into forever.

It's up to us to take action and we are blesses to live in a time that there are many more options than in the past.