SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Please stay on the Sober bus - pt.33 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/445605-please-stay-sober-bus-pt-33-a.html)

STDragon 03-21-2020 05:47 AM

On the sober bus this fine Saturday morning. I was supposed to work tomorrow but the support tech asked to postpone the project. Which is fine. My own selfish worry is I don't want to be working a weekend when the weather is nice.

Going out later to stock up on pet food.

stargazer016 03-21-2020 06:13 AM

Happy birthday Aly!

On the sober bus with proper social distancing.

Trying to get all car repairs, heater cleaning, doctor appts wrapped up. I got blood work done and my doctor wants to see me in a month. I declined to make a well visit appointment at the moment. I am reading last April to early May will be the apex of virus spread and fatalities. I am sure that my office will be plenty busy without me getting a physical.

Dragon, it is funny. We can't keep pet food on the shelves, and toilet paper and paper towels either. But we are donating tons of produce than suddenly no one wants. It's a little bizarre. We are having huge panic rushes at store openings. We are going to limit the number of people in the store at any one time to prevent future chaos. I am surrounded by a lot of customers whom think this is just overblown and are taking no measures to stay healthy or keep others safe. It is a bit frustrating, but not much I can do.

As we alcoholics all know, it's one day at a time.

harriet11 03-21-2020 06:34 AM

Happy yesterdays Birthday Aly :hb2 happyface:

Oh, yes long hair, go for it Saou, and a photo please happyface:

I'm on :shine8pl:

ChloeRose63 03-21-2020 07:12 AM

:bc4,Aly!
~ :wavey:
:bus

Running low on food so I am considering it 'Spring Cleaning' for my pantry and fridge!
As for myself...I consider it 'Eating clean for Spring'!
Really don't want to stress out about the empty shelves at the stores so I haven't been shopping.

Alysheba 03-21-2020 09:48 AM

Thank you so much for the Happy birthday's, my friends!!
I am on the bus today and glad to be sober.
Hopefully a relaxing day ahead.

saoutchik 03-21-2020 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
On.

Some people do make life hard for the rest of us. Glad there are only good people on the Sober Bus.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALYSHEBA!

It was quite hard to find a birthday card with that name on it. Looking at the one I did find I am guessing there was a famous racehorse called Alysheba. Well you're both winners in my book.

Alysheba 03-21-2020 11:52 AM

Thank you Sao so very much!
That is the correct Alysheba, a horse I fell in love with a child. To this day, although gone, he is one of the most beautiful horses I've ever seen. I was lucky enough to have horses most of my life and rescued two TBs off the track in terrible shape. It takes a lot of money to care for horses esp when you have ones that need a lot of vet care. I used to barter with my equine vets. They trained me in almost everything, so we trusted each other. My shoers were kind too with my rescue horses. One of them used to work so hard for me and give me a huge break in price. He used to tell me that when he died he wanted to come back as one of my horses. ♥
Thank you, Sao. You are so very kind and interesting and a winner in my book too! :hug:♥♥♥

STDragon 03-21-2020 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by stargazer016 (Post 7408410)
...On the sober bus with proper social distancing...

Virtual hugs for all, and extra for horse lovers. I was lucky enough to have riding lessons as a city kid. Then in my early teens my parents got a colt and boarded him at a nearby farm. They hired a trainer and once green broke, I seem to be the only one whom he allowed to ride. Often it was just me and the trainer out on rides. We only had him for about two years tho before my parents sold him.

Dee74 03-21-2020 10:26 PM

we continue here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...s-pt-34-a.html

D