Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

28 Days Sober - does the face ever completely clear up?

Notices

Old 02-02-2020, 05:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today marks my 28th day sober, my face has cleared up in the sense the acne breakout I experienced has gone away, no more facial blemishes.. but I noticed I still have that slight red skin tone on the face. Does that ever go away?
Old 02-02-2020, 05:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 28 days!!!

Well, I suppose it depends on what it is? My skin definitely got brighter although I dont think I suffered much redness anyway. However I was still getting terrible outbreaks of acne , which I have suffered on and off with alot during my life and in the end Ibwas referred to a dermatologist and prescribed some treatment and have had perfect skin for the last 3 months. Rosacea is a common skin problem what causes redness so it may not be due to drinking? A doctors visit may be able to clarify that.

Good luck ❤
Old 02-02-2020, 05:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Congrats on 28 days!!!

Well, I suppose it depends on what it is? My skin definitely got brighter although I dont think I suffered much redness anyway. However I was still getting terrible outbreaks of acne , which I have suffered on and off with alot during my life and in the end Ibwas referred to a dermatologist and prescribed some treatment and have had perfect skin for the last 3 months. Rosacea is a common skin problem what causes redness so it may not be due to drinking? A doctors visit may be able to clarify that.

Good luck ❤
Possible it could be something else, I guess I always just assumed it was from when I was drinking because before I became an alcoholic my face was pasty white and clear with no redness.

It's not terrible, I mean it's red but more of a hint of red.. definitely not the bright red that it was when I was drinking. I'm just glad that the facial blemishes cleared up and at least the skin on my face is now smooth.
Old 02-02-2020, 05:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Congrats on 28 days!!!
And thanks, can't believe it's been 28 days!
Old 02-02-2020, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job on 28 days!!! Everything about me was damaged by my drinking. Absolutely my face. Eating well, being well hydrated and obv not drinking - plus sleep!- keep me going as I healed. Remember that the skin is our largest organ!

I recall it being around 6 mo that someone who hadn't seen me since I quit happened into my work - she was floored and so excited about the change! I know that started with my face and smile. It has kept getting better and I do look better at 43 than I have in a long time and DEF at 33

I also take better care of my skin. I have a friend who has done some subtle and aging-approp work on my face (injections, botox). I am just learning how to do makeup that is more careful yet very simple. nothing slap something on or missing a nightly wash anymore!!

Every part of us keeps getting to our best version as we stay sober.