Notices

Anxiety. Hate it.

Old 02-11-2020, 05:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
We have Amazon grocery. They deliver whatever you need within 2 hours. It's awesome!!!

On a side note...took Maggie out for a quick walk and saw my neighbor's roof was on fire. His chimney was shooting hot embers out of the top-my guess is because nobody had cleaned it in years. Got him and his family out and saw lots of fire trucks. I'm tired. That was too much activity for my sick a$$. I need a bed. Not too much damage...I think probably a new roof, but it could have been wayyyyyy worse.
Wait...I tell you to lie in bed with hot broth, and instead as a sick person you go out for a walk, run into a burning building and save your neighbors?? Did I read that right?

Yes, go to bed. .

I’m glad your neighbors are ok!
Old 02-11-2020, 06:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
Wait...I tell you to lie in bed with hot broth, and instead as a sick person you go out for a walk, run into a burning building and save your neighbors?? Did I read that right?

Yes, go to bed. .

I’m glad your neighbors are ok!
how long do you cook the broth? i feel like i could drink some now.

It wasn't a big deal really. I just ran over and banged on their doors until someone came and told them their place was on fire. They didn't even know it. The fire was in the rear of the home and they were all in the family room at the front. I think I came upon it almost as it was happening because it started to spread fairly quickly after everyone got out. The FD got there in about 4 minutes.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It wasn't a big deal really. I just ran over and banged on their doors until someone came and told them their place was on fire. They didn't even know it. The fire was in the rear of the home and they were all in the family room at the front. I think I came upon it almost as it was happening because it started to spread fairly quickly after everyone got out. The FD got there in about 4 minutes.

You are a great neighbor!!

Now... get some rest.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I put everything in the instant pot for about 30 minutes. But you could simmer it on the stove. I assume you have ready made broth? That’s an easy way, I like to sauté chicken thighs and toss the bones in there with everything but that takes longer. My 13 year old girl is vegetarian so I used veg broth for hers recently, but kept all the other ingredients and it still helped.

As for the fire, that is a very huge, enormous big deal in which you quite possibly saved their lives.

I can’t believe you went out for a walk and ended up doing that.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:37 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

BD, I've had bad GAD for decades, but I have been taking Gaba (Neurontin) for the last 20 years, and it has been outstanding for making my GAD go away.

Just wanted to let you know, brother.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberCAH View Post
BD, I've had bad GAD for decades, but I have been taking Gaba (Neurontin) for the last 20 years, and it has been outstanding for making my GAD go away.

Just wanted to let you know, brother.
That was one of the medications I used to abuse so it's a no go for me on that one. I really appreciate the suggestion though.