Notices

O Well?

Old 01-25-2020, 04:08 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Just a friendly reminder to stop 🛑 drinking. Lots of folks have been posting recently with thread titles like ‘six years and six months free’, or ‘13 years free’, great numbers like that. As soon as you stop, the sooner you can be one too. And won’t that be wonderful! Right now it’s like you’re doing a marathon the wrong way. Turn around and start the right way. Great things come along with movement in this direction!
Old 01-25-2020, 04:44 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

I am.. exhausted.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:47 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

I bet. Make today the day you start climbing back up towards the sun Ob.
D
Old 01-25-2020, 05:27 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
I am.. exhausted.
Good news, there’s an easy cure! No drinking+time=peace.
Old 01-25-2020, 07:24 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
I am.. exhausted.
then rest.
and then rest some more.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:55 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I hope you are doing well, O. Your posts are among my most favorite to read.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:09 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hey O,

I'm up late this evening, which is weird for me. Seems like when I have weekends off I'm all over the place and play video games all day, only to start doing actual adult things at like 10pm. Oh well. But the good thing is that I had the idea to come read around here a bit and I was able to read your thread.

I'm not 100% sure what's going on right now, or why, but I *do* know that shame breeds in isolation. Like a bad fungus or mold. It needs a dark, damp place with no light. Don't let it grow. Whether that's talking to us, to your therapist, to someone else you trust....just let the light in, if only for a couple moments. It's really scary and it's hard, but I can say with (like 98%) certainty, it'll be worth it. I'm a big fan of metaphors when it comes to feelings.

I think out of everything though, SR is a good place to start. In some ways I am grateful to be an alcoholic, because I have found that alcoholics can be some of the most caring, kind people I've ever met. At least when it comes to alcoholism. I truly believe that the people here care deeply about each other. I know I do.

I don't have anything super profound to say, but please know that I'm thinking of you over in my little corner of the world. You can always reach out, if you want. Maybe if I think hard enough some of the positive vibes will find their way to you. Sometimes I believe a little in that hippie ****, yknow.

Hope you check in soon.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:16 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Dudes, I'm alright.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:52 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

“Alright” is a relative word, especially with so few words around it to offer context
Old 01-26-2020, 07:30 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi O, if you're alright, why aren't you posting? Because you always post when you're alright, and when you're not alright, not so much.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:45 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Yep
Exactly what I am thinking too Tats

Whatever it is O, we want to help you bear it and begin to heal—
Old 01-26-2020, 10:15 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Dump it out. Start now. Stop drinking and grab the ropes we’re throwing you. It really is that simple. 💛 You’re a part of this community and we miss the REAL you. Not this one-liner you. The real you has MUCH MORE to say. :-) And to say and to say and to say....🤣
Old 01-26-2020, 10:22 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Want to have a coffee klatch? 😂
Old 01-26-2020, 10:26 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

O, I hope noone will tell you that you drank again because "you weren't working your programme hard enough" or whatever. I believe that noone has any magical formula to get past this thing or a special key to unlock the chest. I've stopped looking for the perfect answer to all of this and am content that my genuine desire and commitment to quitting drinking will eventually bear fruit. Seems like you have that desire and commitment in spades so I am guessing that eventually you will come out the other side of a binge and realise what a giant waste of time that was and get on with stopping drinking and not tying yourself up in knots trying to figure out how to stay stopped. Says me, the sage, with 58 days!!

Seems like you're giving yourself an unmerciful beating - it's not ideal that you drank but it's not the end of the world. Obviously I can't comment on the other stuff but hoping to see you in better fettle very soon!
Old 01-26-2020, 10:33 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briansy View Post
O, I hope noone will tell you that you drank again because "you weren't working your programme hard enough" or whatever. I believe that noone has any magical formula to get past this thing or a special key to unlock the chest. I've stopped looking for the perfect answer to all of this and am content that my genuine desire and commitment to quitting drinking will eventually bear fruit. Seems like you have that desire and commitment in spades so I am guessing that eventually you will come out the other side of a binge and realise what a giant waste of time that was and get on with stopping drinking and not tying yourself up in knots trying to figure out how to stay stopped. Says me, the sage, with 58 days!!

Seems like you're giving yourself an unmerciful beating - it's not ideal that you drank but it's not the end of the world. Obviously I can't comment on the other stuff but hoping to see you in better fettle very soon!
Yes, not the end of the world! Up and at ‘em! Let’s do this thing already. 💛
Old 01-26-2020, 10:38 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi, Obladi. This is just for you. I thought of starting a new thread earlier on, but here, in this post, I can say the same, just maybe with a little more effect.
I’m on day 46 today, and I’ve just “survived” another ugly filled-with-booze weekend, booze-free. One of the reasons, I’d like to believe, is this group. SR has been an oasis whenever I got thirsty – literally and figuratively. Just when I needed someone to share with, or something to take my mind off alcohol. And here’s the thing: from day one you were one of the first people to support me and just give me that little upper I needed. Thank you.
And now I’d like to give it back to you. You are a nice person (many people here have already said that), and like all of the rest of us, you have your problems. But you’ve beaten the odds so many times, that I cannot imagine you not coming out on top once again. You have to, because people like me need people like you. And vice-versa.
46 days today and heading towards 50…
Old 01-26-2020, 10:56 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sohard View Post
Want to have a coffee klatch? ��
I have lived to see the day!
Old 01-26-2020, 11:03 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
I have lived to see the day!
Lolling, I know it wasn't my cup of tea, in the state I was in.....but you gals meant well, as did Sohard. And I know you like a coffee, O, so I've put the pot on the Aga, for you and our friends. Let's gather around, cups in hand, around the world, location wise.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:09 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
Lolling, I know it wasn't my cup of tea, in the state I was in.....but you gals meant well. And I know you like a coffee, so I've put the pot on the Aga, for you O and friends.
Cheers! I’m in.

O, drag up a chair and get your sorry butt to the table.

We miss you.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:36 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
quat

Isn't there a time limiting factor though?

Can crones have coffee after 3 pm ?