Notices

Weird feeling like drunk

Old 01-20-2020, 11:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lpg

Weird feeling like drunk

Hey

Iv not posted in a while, sorry feel like I come here when I have an issue I should really be reading more often. Becoming lazy, infact no that's untrue I'm busy being a mum. My boy is 4 and half months now so it's all go lol.

Anyway apologies for that but has anyone ever experienced this, last night when I came to bed and I lay down and closed my eye I started to feel as if I was drunk. I had cold sweats, burning up, the room was spinning as if I was a drunk teenager, felt sick and had a taste in my mouth that reminded me of alcohol. It was extremely bizarre and frightening. I had an extremely busy day yesterday and I did feel super anxious before bed.

I have 801 days sober, so proud of myself. Last night was a reminder of how much alcohol scares the sh*t out of me now. The thought of ever being out of control really make me nervous.

Just wanted to see if anyone's had this feeling before
​​​​​​
Old 01-21-2020, 01:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
All is Change

I've had something similar that turned out to be some deposit or crystalline compound entering the small tubes in the ear that maintain balance causing nausea and dizzyness. I found with a search a youtube video that showed a simple exercise that makes the crystals leave the ear tube. If the experience repeats that might be what you're experiencing. One way or another a visit to the doc may be in order. Cheers.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've experienced extreme vertigo/dizziness before where I felt like the room was quite literally lurching around me but no odd tastes or high temps.

Being a new mom, I'd probably see your dr if I was you?

D
Old 01-21-2020, 01:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lpg

Oh I didn't even think it could be something like that. Thank you I will get checked over. Just reminded me so much of feeling drunk, not a pleasant experience.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

The brain damage from drinking too much for too long is impossible to assess. A Dr. is the best answer.

I love how you hate the feeling of being put of control by booze.

I have heard that before and agree 100%.

That is another tool to keep this healthy lifestyle.

I still get funny symptoms and issues periodically. I felt wobbly the other day while shopping. I thought I might have to take a knee.

I think my bp sometimes goes really low these days.

I plan to see a Dr. soon because I am realizing that I can't keep powering through issues.

Last week I got the sickest I have ever been since quitting.

I actually had a gooey cough, body aches, a fever, and sinus pain. It seems better as I type. But, it definitely got my attention. Scary.

I work hard to be professional but I remembered that my job, any job, doesn't care about me very much.

If I get sick and die, they will yawn and move on.

Drinking was a learned behavior. Now we know to not drink or face horrible consequences.

I am still struggling with the mental trauma even after all this time.

Let the clean train roll on!

Thanks.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grymt View Post
I've had something similar that turned out to be some deposit or crystalline compound entering the small tubes in the ear that maintain balance causing nausea and dizzyness. I found with a search a youtube video that showed a simple exercise that makes the crystals leave the ear tube. If the experience repeats that might be what you're experiencing. One way or another a visit to the doc may be in order. Cheers.
Ha! I was about to post this exact thing. It was awful. Of course I googled it and was 100% sure it was a tumor. Nope just some weird crystals. Mine cleared up in a week. Obviously we are not doctors so it’s always good to check with an actual professional.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Lpg

Thanks I appreciate the advice and I know you can't give medical advice here I genuinely thought I was having some kind of weird anxiety around soberity issue but I have infact had sore ears today and headaches so it makes sense. Never even crossed my mind.

Yes the thought of being out of control is tough for me now, Iv fought hard for this control I have now it's something I value so much these days. Thanks for the help as always
Old 01-27-2020, 04:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm lucky: when I think of drinking I realize how miserable it was. And, I have no doubt I'm an alcoholic. So glad you were able to stop!!!