Notices

Persistent tremor after finishing detox?

Old 01-17-2020, 08:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Persistent tremor after finishing detox?

Did anyone here still have a tremor after detox? I was inpatient for 7 days, now on day 12 and am feeling well, but I still have a mild but definite tremor. This may be related to my other medical problems and the meds I am on, but I just wondered if anyone else experienced this, and if so, how long did it last. Thanks!
Old 01-17-2020, 09:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great work on getting clean and 12+ days!! That’s huge, Kudos to you..

I did a week / 7 day medical detox when I was 43 after 20+ years of drinking / drugging and I felt all kinds of weird/ strange things for 6 months +

In my experience eating clean/healthy, exercise of any kind, even 30 min walks and lots of sleep sure helped me.. I’m an AA guy and I went to a lot of meeting just to have a place to be and hang out with ex drunks trying to accomplish the same thing I was..

Great job! You’ve got this! Wishing you the best!! Hang in there take it one day at a time!
Old 01-17-2020, 11:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sunnyday

A lot of people report tremors for a while - most of the time they seem to go away. If you're worried tho, there's really no substitute for seeing a doctor?

D
Old 01-18-2020, 07:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad to hear things are improving. As dee mentioned though, you'd really need to follow up with your doc on that - especially if you have other associated conditions that might be causing the tremors. Certainly our bodies take a while to recover from the damage drinking has done - and I do remember having all kinds things I hadn't really felt before. But to be safe keep an open communication with your doc. Rest, drink water, get some good food in you - that can't hurt either!
Old 01-18-2020, 07:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If you drank heavily for many years (like most of us on here) you can’t really expect you body to recover in days.

It may take many months. And it is possible that some things don’t ever improve.

It sounds like you have questions that would be best answered by a Doctor.
Old 01-18-2020, 09:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the comments. I have discussed this with a doctor, who suggested wait and see, but it is also helpful to hear from people here!
Old 01-18-2020, 09:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

If your doctor wasn't too worried thats a good sign

D