Notices

First Weekend

Old 01-03-2020, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Weekend

Well, it's the weekend. This is usually when I drink. I start as soon as I get out of work. I'll buy a six pack of beer and some liquor. I don't drink throughout the week. On the weekends I'll 6-7 10% alcohol beers and drink half a bottle of liquor. Then I'll feel like **** on my only days off and spend the first half of my return to work in recovery. Soon I'll be going to bed. Sober. Tomorrow is going to be great. Good night! And good luck, everyone!
Old 01-03-2020, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on a great start ABCCuddly

D
Old 01-03-2020, 07:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

You will feel so energised and productive for a Saturday morning! Good for you!
Old 01-03-2020, 07:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wishing you a lovely sober weekend - hope you enjoy every moment! :-)
Old 01-04-2020, 05:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The first weekend was always tough. I find it best to make a to-do list of things that need done. You'll soon find that there are not enough hours in the day, much like I did.
Old 01-04-2020, 05:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

You got this
Old 01-04-2020, 06:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome! Not sure your time zone but EST had your post at 9ish PM last night so you were already ahead of your usual "game"!!

What are your plans today? Just today, and then you can look at tomorrow, as keeping ourselves busy is VERY legit in the beginning. Even an hour (or less) at a time- one movie, one walk, one meal, one load of laundry...whatever it takes. And breathe. That was something I literally had to learn to do deliberately.

Glad you are here!
Old 01-04-2020, 07:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Awesome! Not sure your time zone but EST had your post at 9ish PM last night so you were already ahead of your usual "game"!!

What are your plans today? Just today, and then you can look at tomorrow, as keeping ourselves busy is VERY legit in the beginning. Even an hour (or less) at a time- one movie, one walk, one meal, one load of laundry...whatever it takes. And breathe. That was something I literally had to learn to do deliberately.

Glad you are here!
Some sort of a plan is crucial. Not necessarily an hour by hour plan but just a list of anything you want to get done. I usually fit “lazy time” into my schedule as well. This includes just sitting and watching a movie or tv in between my “productive” projects. Before you know it, it’s bedtime and you will be laying in your bed blissfully sober .

I’m only a couple weekends into sobriety but I never knew how much time I really had on the weekends. You’ll love it.