Notices

Day 5 random musings....

Old 12-27-2019, 05:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 random musings....

Sleep last night was most likely the best *real* sleep I've had in a long time. Still slammed two Benadryl (per therapists orders). Beats waking up in a cold sweat from a nightmare every 45 minutes.

Hydration appears to be hit or miss. Urine is clear which means I'm where I should be. Next time its pretty dark. Perhaps my coffee/tea consumptions?

With above, I get nasty cotton mouth in the middle of the day. I keep a water bottle on my night stand and take a few swigs when I get up to use the bathroom. Still wake up a bit parched, but not like it was when I was drinking.

I can tell my body odor is changing a bit as I detox. No longer have that constant vodka-ish smell. The sticky hands thing is mostly gone as well.

I've been doing some fast paced walking at the park, between 2.5 miles and 3.25 miles. The soreness is there, but not overwhelming... yet. Only supplements so far is my one-a-day, physillium husk, and a vitamin pack for men.

I realize its only day five, but its been a long time since I had a day five!
Old 12-27-2019, 08:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
AKA ComputerMan

Just keep going, put the work in and you will have a great outcome!! You have to keep your mind busy, I use music and pushups until it felt like my arms were going to fall off.
Old 12-27-2019, 09:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

5 days, you're over the worst of it. I use Benadryl daily and cotton mouth is an unfortunate side effect. Best of luck to you!
Old 12-27-2019, 10:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That would explain the cotton mouth. It was worse than waking up with a hangover, less the foggy head! My doc thinks that I cam wean off it after a week or so, at least I am hoping.
Old 12-27-2019, 10:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Notch. I'm so glad you're on Day 5 - well on your way to healing. I noticed that all sorts of odd things my body was doing disappeared as the alcohol did. Aches & pains - puffiness & bloating - all got better or went away all together. Hair & nails grew - skin not as dry, etc. I'm glad we aren't poisoning ourselves any more.

You're doing great.