Notices

Tremors - shaking - trembling - shivering

Old 12-01-2019, 07:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You are physically addicted to alcohol.

I had the same problem, wanted to stop drinking but the shakes and other problems were very uncomfortable, so I would drink just enough to make them stop.

That was a horrible place to be, I would drink enough to maintain some alcohol in my system, but eventually I would crash. Unfortunately, once i finally sobered up and got a few weeks under my belt, I would forget how bad it was and drink again.

I strongly recommended that you seek some medical guidance to get sober.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I really don't know what to do to end up this madness. I am practically drinking all day, killing myself with this poison.

I often watch my uncle standing on his porch, drunk and with head down to his knees. He was once a very successful person but because of his drinking he lost everything.

My father on the other hand stopped drinking more than 40 years ago. He too had problems with alcohol but he prommised to Virgin Marry that he'd never touch a drink again. He kept his promise to this day. When he stopped everything got better. His brother used to embarrass him. He was not allowed to walk by him. Now the tables have turned and my dad dragged my drunk uncle to his home numerous times.

I was always begged by my father not to drink alcohol. But life is surely suprising. I would have broken his heart if he knew where I am today.

I really don't know what to do. This is a possession. A demon in my head. And I can't fight it.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It's a disease. And the only "cure" is to quit. It's that simple, tho not easy.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yes. It is a desease, an obsession and a demonic act. I can't go like this anymore.

I urgently need to do something about it. Otherwise something bad is going to happen. I can feel it. I no longer get drunk, I just get upset, irritable, angry, hateful and agressive towards people. This HAS to stop ASAP.

I can't live like this anymore. I have already ruined so much ... but I still keep drinking this poison. Oh my God, what have I done to myself?
Old 12-07-2019, 10:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I HAVE STOLLEN 30.000 EUR FROM MY FATHER. 60x500 EUR bills.

I had a very bad cocaine addiction about 2 years ago. I could not help myself. I spent 200 EUR/day to support my habit. When he found out, he was on the edge to kill himself. But some higher power prevented this act. He still loves me, he acts as nothing happened, he still supports me financially and I don't know how I deserved this kind of unforgivable love. I think that he sees himself in me. He frequently points out that it is not my fault. He blames himself for everything I have done.

99% parents would have kicked their son out of their house if he did something like that. My parents are different. Maybe they are too supportive.

I don't know. The only thing I know is that my actions will hunt me untill the end of my life.
Old 12-07-2019, 04:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

I did a lot of things when I was drinking I'm not proud of.

Stopping drinking gave me the chance, a little way down the line, to make amends and appropriate restitution, Vino

D
Old 12-07-2019, 05:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
2/2016

You are not the only one to blow through money, one of my friends had a coke habit, but she is sober now and super happy.

I envy your position, no job to hold you back. You can throw yourself full time into rehab and make that your focus. You can get this monkey off of your back if you get help.

I am a few years sober and my folks are proud of me again. Heck, I am proud of me again.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:08 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
~sb

sounds like your family is enabling and not really supportive. This is normal as most people who don't suffer from alcoholism don't really understand it.

Please get medical detox and get to a meeting in person. Women/Men for Sobriety, LifeRing, SOS, SMART, AVRT, and other programs exist. AA will always be there for you, too!
Old 12-24-2019, 04:14 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi!

Again, I feel blessed by reading all your supportive answers. <3

This addiction is really awful. A person want's to improve their life but it first must go over something which is life treatning and needs medical attention.

I have Seroquel, so at least sleeping won't be a problem + Lexapro + Cymbalta (which now I am weaning off from) + b.p. med. I have succesfully quit Valium 50 days ago with the help of alcohol.

I will bite the bullet and just stop. If God wants me to die during my withdrawal, so be it.

As mentioned ... my father has been sober for over 40 years now. My mom was only drunk once - when she graduated - and been sent to ER, lol.

When my father found out that I stole 30k from him, he picked up the liqour from his basement, a gun and sat down thinking. Luckily, he did not drink it and he did not shoot himself. God gracious! I have also blown up 10k which I was given for my graduation.

I am really afraid that I will end up as an old, sad and lonely alcoholic. Like they say: "Four generations put it all together but then one blows everything up."
Old 12-24-2019, 06:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Please don't just "bite the bullet" without some outside help Vino. What could be a better gift than talking with your doctor and maybe even a supervised detox? I have made the mistake of quitting cold turkey with no help and ended up in the ER - i should have just gone in the first place.
Old 12-24-2019, 07:44 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vino88 View Post
Hi everybody!

First, I have to say that I am very happy that I found a forum which covers alcohol addiction. I have been looking for it for a long time.

Second, I am a 31-years old male and I think I have a serious drinking problem. I drink wine from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. Therefore I drink about 3-4 liters (!!!) of wine daily.

Each morning my first thought is: grab the wine, smoke a couple cigarettes and "enjoy" the day.

I have noticed that I need about half an hour after I wake up to drink cca, 0,75 l of wine to stop the shaking. My tremor has gotten really bad in the last 6 months. I can't even roll myself a cigarette, hold a spoon or a glass.

I have also noticed that I get into withdrawal very early. First thing that happens is sweating. Then comes the tremor which progress from mild to severe. If I am active, this happens at about 2 hours after my last drink, even though I might have drank 2 liters of wine before.

Then nights ... they are awful. If I go into bed at let say 10 pm, I wake up at 3 pm and can't sleep anymore. I have constant adrenaline rushes, I hear the music from outside, I have racing thoughts and I can't wait until the morning comes.

I need help, right? Wine starts to disgust me after a while. But I still keep drinking it just to prevent withdrawals.

So this is my current situation.

You defiantly need something to detox when you stop drinking, 100% you are physically addicted like I was. Here in Ireland, you can simply go to your GP and get Librium that will prevent you having a seizure. But my last detox was still hell even with that- no sleep, the sweats, anxiety off the chart coupled with depression, etc.

When I was in my last Treatment, a guy never detoxed properly and got a seizure in group, a very scary thing to witness! He is still drinking unfortunately. I wish you the best in your journey.
Old 12-24-2019, 08:46 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
nez

I will bite the bullet and just stop. If God wants me to die during my withdrawal, so be it.
That is passing the buck. I am pretty sure that God would like you to stop drinking. I am pretty sure that God doesn't want to die while stopping though and that can happen if you have a seizure from acute alcohol withdrawal and don't get immediate medical attention. I am pretty sure that God would like you to go the ER if you are physically addicted, in order to prevent that from happening. I am pretty sure that God wants to see you take personal responsibility and be an active participant in your own recovery process.

Two guys were out on a lake fishing when a storm blew in. They decided that they should get to shore as soon as possible. However they discovered that the outboard motor wouldn't start. The one guy said "Let us pray brother." The other guy handed him an oar and said "I already did and God said to row while we pray."
Old 12-24-2019, 09:16 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi everybody!

First, I have to say that I am very happy that I found a forum which covers alcohol addiction. I have been looking for it for a long time.

Second, I am a 31-years old male and I think I have a serious drinking problem. I drink wine from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. Therefore I drink about 3-4 liters (!!!) of wine daily.

Each morning my first thought is: grab the wine, smoke a couple cigarettes and "enjoy" the day.

I have noticed that I need about half an hour after I wake up to drink cca, 0,75 l of wine to stop the shaking. My tremor has gotten really bad in the last 6 months. I can't even roll myself a cigarette, hold a spoon or a glass.

I have also noticed that I get into withdrawal very early. First thing that happens is sweating. Then comes the tremor which progress from mild to severe. If I am active, this happens at about 2 hours after my last drink, even though I might have drank 2 liters of wine before.

Then nights ... they are awful. If I go into bed at let say 10 pm, I wake up at 3 pm and can't sleep anymore. I have constant adrenaline rushes, I hear the music from outside, I have racing thoughts and I can't wait until the morning comes.

I need help, right? Wine starts to disgust me after a while. But I still keep drinking it just to prevent withdrawals.

So this is my current situation.

I had the shakes a few times. My hands wouldn't stop shaking. It was weird.

I've also woke up and felt my body shaking. Had the sweats

But I had no insurance and little money when I stopped drinking.

It was AA, a lot of meetings and a lot of coffee. Fortunately, it only took a short while before I started feeling better.

Remove the alcohol and I began to sleep better. No hangovers in the morning and no craving for that morning drink.

Given the amount you appear to drink on a daily basis seeing a doctor is a good idea. Assuming you have insurance and/or the money.

Take care.
Old 12-24-2019, 04:35 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Don't go Cold Turkey and stop without help! It's obvious from your posts that you are dependent on alcohol and quitting without medical supervision could be life threatening. At the least you may have a seizure or stroke and suffer permanent damage to yourself. Please, seek medical attention.
Old 12-27-2019, 06:58 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Vino, how are you doing?

Like many others here, you’re stories of drinking all day and withdrawals hit home for us. I was in the same boat. I did a medically supervised detox. I was in and out of the ER in two hours. I’m only 10 days sober but I never thought I would even make it this far. Good luck to you.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:42 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi my dear supportes!

Again, I really do appreciate your answers. Thank you!

So, tommorow, on the last of 2019, I will end this story.

I am going to quit drinking and smoking marijuana.

I know that you want to help me to get through this madness as smoothly as possible. But in some way I want to suffer. I think I am strong enough to get through this.

My best friend is an ER doctor and he knows what is happening. He kindly offered to me to shout out whenever I want. That gives me a huge relief.

One thing I would like to ask you - when do you think is the most critical time when detoxing from alcohol?
Old 12-30-2019, 11:16 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi my dear supportes!

Again, I really do appreciate your answers. Thank you!

So, tommorow, on the last of 2019, I will end this story.

I am going to quit drinking and smoking marijuana.

I know that you want to help me to get through this madness as smoothly as possible. But in some way I want to suffer. I think I am strong enough to get through this.

My best friend is an ER doctor and he knows what is happening. He kindly offered to me to shout out whenever I want. That gives me a huge relief.

One thing I would like to ask you - when do you think is the most critical time when detoxing from alcohol?
What kind of detox are you doing?
Old 12-30-2019, 03:45 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi Vino,

I haven't been on here for a quite a while and was just reading about your struggle. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I wish you would heed others advice and seek medical supervision. A lot of us here only push that on you because of our own mistakes and misjudgments on what detox would be like in our journeys. Many of us suffered a great deal. To answer your question 'what is the most critical time of detox?' The answer is it varies from person to person. Everyone is different in how detox will affect them and when the worst of will hit and long it will last. You said you have an ER dr friend who told you to call if needed? If you don't want to go to the hospital any chance he could also check in on you regularly through detox and prescribe medication?
Old 12-30-2019, 03:50 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

ps. I ask if your Dr. friend can physically check in on you so he can monitor your vitals such as blood pressure.... That would be very helpful
Old 12-30-2019, 04:31 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Vino

I'm glad you have a doctor friend to call upon.

I don't think you need to suffer anymore - drinking brings its own suffering - so if you have any concerns or worries or questions don;t hesitate to call your friend or go to the ER.

It varies according to circumstance general health and whether it's medication assisted or cold turkey detox (the latter very much not recommended by me)

An excellent question for your Dr friend