Notices

Question about withdrawal symptoms.

Old 10-10-2019, 12:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question about withdrawal symptoms.

I'm currently under psychiatric treatment and taking 3 types of meds very specifically related to withdrawal symptoms, and I must admit that during this time I'm still battling withdrawal symptons, such as problems to sleep, negative thoughts and anxiety, but it was pretty worser at the beggining. Im 18 days sober, is it normal to have mild withdrawal symptoms even after all this time? I already managed to be sober previously, but this time I must admit it's harder. Thanks for any help.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It took several weeks for my night time sweating and shaky hands to go completely, and five months in I've got various things like bad memory, numb feet and depression. The symptoms you describe fade away but do come in waves sometimes I think.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good job on 18 days!

The sleep problems can take awhile to settle and get into a regular sleep pattern. And, the negative thoughts and anxiety should improve, but may or may not go away. I had anxiety issues before I began drinking. Alcohol made things worse. When I stopped drinking, the anxiety very slowly improved, but it's still something I deal with daily.

I'm glad you're getting medical help.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you Flavinho

My sleep fixed itself in about 10 days but all the other things you mentioned went on longer - things got better in my second month.

If you notice things getting worse each time you stop drinking that may be the kindling effect

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kindli...tic_withdrawal)

its scary, but the way to avoid more kindling is to recommit to staying sober, for good

D