Notices

I'm still not ready...

Old 10-11-2019, 12:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Good for you!
Old 10-11-2019, 12:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I used to let myself feel pressure about these social occasions too. Awhile back, I changed my attitude about it. If I don't want to be around alcohol, then I say no, and I don't give a flying you know what about who I offend.

I think alcohol is gross and I think it turns people in animals. I think it smells bad and that it corrupts the mind and body and I don't really respect people who partake.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

good call, wildflower. its probably a weight off of your shoulders
Old 10-11-2019, 03:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

tomsteve, it's a huge weight off of my shoulders. I've never been so happy to make a pot of hot soup, curl up with a good book, and go to bed early. Maybe another time I'll feel more festive.......why rush it??

Have a happy sober Friday!!
Old 10-11-2019, 04:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I used to worry I wasn't a social animal - then I realised I never had been - drinking was my way of becoming something I thought I needed to be.

I no longer fear my own company. I'm not isolated, I'm well connected with others, and I go out exactly as much as I want to - and those things are usually small intimate affairs with good friends.

I went out to a gig this week - one of those micro zosed bars where the rooms fits about 20 people. The concert was great but I was ready for bed when it was done.

Thats me - authentically....and I'm fine with that

Sounds like you made a good choice WF

D
Old 10-14-2019, 08:34 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I have never had a problem being in a social situation where there is alcohol because I have never liked to drink socially. I was (and have to admit still am occasionally) a secret drinker. I think being that way makes it so hard to stay sober.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kbm697 View Post
I have never had a problem being in a social situation where there is alcohol because I have never liked to drink socially. I was (and have to admit still am occasionally) a secret drinker. I think being that way makes it so hard to stay sober.
Thanks for the input. I started out as a social drinker, I was the "life" of the party for 25 years. In my last 5-6 years of drinking, it was all done at home, as I made an ass of myself if I went out. I'm over a year sober and still haven't socialized with people who are drinking. I don't want to, I don't need to, and as the title says....I'm still not ready.

I hope you find a way to quit, drinking alone is lonely. Please reach out for help and support. Bless you