Notices

Happy Thanksgiving

Old 11-25-2004, 09:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
PACKER FAN

Happy Thanksgiving

HI EVERYONE,
I MADE IT TO PORTLAND OR. ITS REALLY NICE HERE. IM NOT DOING AS WELL AS I HOPED ON THE NOT DRINKING THING THOUGH. I HAVE BEEN WAITING TILL LATER IN THE DAY HOWEVER, AND NOT GETTING DRUNK. WITH MY GRANDCHILDREN HERE THAT WOULD BE BAD. ITS MY DAUGHTERS B-DAY TODAY. SHES 38. IM COOKING. ILL KEEP BUSY THAT HELPS ALOT. I WISH YOU ALL A GREAT HOLIDAY. AND KEEP TRYING.
LOVE
DIANA
Old 11-25-2004, 10:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Diana, keep it up! Try and think of how bad (physically) you will feel in the morning...never mind that awful shame...and your daugther probably only remembering your drinking on her birthday.

I don't know if that helps, but please try and think of consequences...I know for me it never mattered who I would hurt, but sometimes the knowledge of the feeling - physical and emotional - feeling so bad about what I had done to my husband/mother/father/in-laws - all who would be bewildered and hurt the next morning - sometimes that did deter to me.

What I have realised is that JUST ONE DRINK as a reward (ha! what a kind reward to give oneself!) or whatever is just going to end up in a f*cking disaster. It just is. It's a fact. So the choice is one drink (ie many and the ensuing drunken behaviour) or no drinks - and peace and tranquility and happiness.

I'm not trying to simplify it, but hopefully this helps a bit.

Good luck, Diana! Keep trying too!! You can do it!!! Just bit by bit...

Can you tell us what you're cooking? What does a thanksgiving feast look like over there!

love
cathy
xxx
Old 11-26-2004, 07:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
PACKER FAN

Hi Cathy, :hello2
I Just Got Your Message. Thank You. A Thanks Giving Dinner Is Ussually, Turkey, And Or Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Yams, Rolls And Pie. We Had It All. It Was My Daughters 38th B-day. We Had A Good Day. I Had 4 Beers. Not Too Bad I Guess. Its Allmost 7:30 Pm Here And I Have Only Had One. Its Been A Good Day. I Never Did Get A Hang Over That Is Part Of The Problem. On A Bad Day I Can Drink A Case Of Beer 24 Cans.
I Wish You Well. Ill Look Forward To Hearing From You Again.
Diana :hasta
Old 11-27-2004, 02:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Hey Diana
Thanks for the info! Sounds divine!

Yes, 4 beers is good, thank God you didn't get drunk. If you need to do it bit by bit that's grand...I just know from painful experience over periods like this that I would PROMISE myself and husband and in laws I would be responsible and once or twice I was fine, but inevitably I would end up getting blind drunk, and wake up the next morning, alienated and confused. For me, I just can't risk trying to drink in moderation...I'm only 31 (young-ish) and I've been trying to drink in moderation for 14 years now!! Has it ever worked for me - unfortunately, no. Should I carry on 'trying' and failing for the next 14 years...well, I don't think I could face that.

I am thinking of you and wishing you the very very best.

Hang in there,

Love
Cathy