Notices

diastasis recti

Old 09-22-2019, 03:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

diastasis recti

Hi has anyone had diastasis recti? Does it go away? Thanks.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Haven't had it.
did you self diagnose or have you seen a Doctor, Dexter?

Welcome to SR anyway

D
Old 09-22-2019, 04:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I self diagnosed doing the physical exam that’s online. I’m booking into the drs tomorrow to try and get a full health check. I’m new to recovery every second seems a struggle. I’ve drank very heavy nearly every day for thirty years and I can’t mentally or physically carry on. My liver is giving me pain my hands are bright red and my stomach is bloated. I’ve also self diagnosed cirrhosis, much like every alcoholic I guess!! There’s something wrong there just hope it isn’t as bad as I suspect. Has anyone had the above symptoms? Do they go away? My mind is doing somersaults with worry.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Glad you'e come here to start posting. Keep it up, it helps!

I've never heard of this ailment, but a quick search of Google suggests this condition can be resolved by exercises. It's so good that you are going to make an appointment to be seen - this should help you to confront reality; much better than confronting all of your own self-disgnoses.

Yes, my skin all over was quite flushed and patchy, I was addled, and my stomach was distended and hard. All of this resolved within weeks of quitting.

Does "new to recovery" mean you've stopped drinking?

O
Old 09-22-2019, 04:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes I’ve not had a drink today and I’m using H.A.L.T and keeping busy.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm glad you've joined us, you'll get lots of support here.
I've never heard of that condition so I had a very quick Google and from what I read it seems linked to child birth. The chances are that it is something totally different, so many things have similar symptoms and you can make yourself ill just from worrying about something that may not be too bad at all.
I'm glad you're booking in to see your doctor for a check over, the sooner the better if only to put your mind at rest. Get whatever tests you need done, bloods etc, and take it from there. Take good care of yourself, listen to what your body is telling you, eat as well as you can, drink tons of water and rest when you need to.
Good luck at the doctor's, keep us posted. ((( Big hugs.)))
Old 09-22-2019, 09:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good luck with the doctor Dexter.
Right now the only thing that matters is that you stay away from alcohol. Anxiety is very normal in withdrawal and half of your symptoms may be a result of your over-active imagination. However, "it is not schizophrenia when they are following you". We know decades of abuse have an impact on our health and you cannot dodge the bullet for ever. It is very wise to go to the doctor.

And if the fear is keeping you sober now, until you get to that appointment, it has to be a good fear for the time being.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It happens to some women after childbirth, but it’s from stretching of the abdominal muscles which could also happen if you have ascites from fluid collection due to liver disease. Anything that stretches the abdomen from underneath the abdominal muscles can cause that division in the muscle.

If you heal the underlying issue....or have the baby, then targeted workouts and core strengthening can help, doesn’t always resolve it though.

Start with planks.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Seems my diagnosis is correct, I'm booked in for bloods. And a follow up with the doctor. I've also got appointments with a counsellor and a alcohol advisor. I've also got to lose weight as I've put a lot on with poor diet recently. My diagnosis, the Dr said is pretty normal.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's good that you've taken steps to get your health issues sorted Dexter. Start looking after yourself now firstly by staying sober, the rest will follow. xx
Old 09-23-2019, 05:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I feel better just for telling someone to be honest.