Notices

Closed thread??

Old 09-15-2019, 03:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Closed thread??

I'm sincerely curious. I'm just not sure why the thread was closed with the bird jokes interspersed through out, but talk of fake coffee meetings was okay in another thread. Is one form of levity/bonding okay, but the other not? It seemed the females could bond while chatting about sobriety and coffee, but the males could not bond by chatting about birds and sobriety. I'm sincerely wondering/confused. I am not an AA'er, but ive gone to a couple meetings and at those meetings there are off topic convos which can act as the glue for the more serious ones. i just hoped you could explain to all readers/posters here.

I can in no way see how you can justify closing someone's thread here seeking help/advice, when he had written nothing dangerous/illegal/bigoted/etc. I think that is just so disappointing. I no longer plan to come here. Good bye.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey sohard

Generally speaking, if a threads closed there's probably been posts removed for rule breaking - cos they're removed, you won't see them.....

If you or anyone else has a question about moderating stuff like this, it's best to PM.

Because I'm not going to go into any more detail than that, we'll leave it there.

Hope you change your mind about leaving, but if not good luck

Dee
Administrator
SR