Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

I finally found a deterent to keep me from drinking....homelessness!

Notices

Old 11-24-2004, 03:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

where i am staying,the deal is if i drink i'm out on the streets.i'm now unemployed,broke and in a bad way....but i'm two weeks sober!sometimes it takes drastic messures to stop.well i'm there,now i'm faced with the prospect of being homeless.that is enough to make me stay away from that first drink,it's tough...but the streets are much tougher!!
Old 11-24-2004, 04:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey blue,
Geez I was hoping it wouldn't come to this but it takes what it takes.

I went to a meeting at Catholic Charities down in Chicago back in the 80s. My sponsor and I drove down there every Monday night, regardless of the weather to make this meeting. You're right! The streets are a tough place but you know what?...There were guys at that meeting every Monday night who would crawl out of their bicycle box on the steam grate to make that meeting and after the meeting was over, go right back to their box and a bottle. They came to the meeting just to get a cup of coffee and a reminder of what it was like to be inside. I came away from those meetings so grateful that I didn't have to go that far. I also know the possibility is still there if I were to ever decide to go back out.

I'm glad to see you're still on line blue. Hang in there my friend. You'll be in my prayers tomorrow for sure.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

(((Kindablue)))

I'm glad you've made it back here. Congratulations on your two weeks sober. I know you've been through very tough times. It's time to do this for YOU now. You're worth the fight. Stay strong and stay sober. We're here for you. Your in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Blue,

I'm really glad to see you back and I hope that you stay strong and sober. I don't want to think of you out on the street. Congratulations on your 2 sober weeks. You can do this!

Anna
Old 11-24-2004, 05:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi
Glad you made it back and right on for getting two weeks sober.
You are not alone, we care and are here for you
Old 11-24-2004, 05:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys,it feels nice to be clear headed and not hungover.now comes time for the real work,the recovery part.And boy have do i have much to recover from,i've done a lot of damage to my life the last few years.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Chy

Blue I'm glad your sober. As said, it takes what it takes, and this time you can perservere. Prayers going up for you my friend, your looking marvelous darling!
Old 11-26-2004, 12:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
natalie

Just remember god works in strange ways sometimes, good luck to you, and well done your doing better than me iam only 4 days sober
Old 11-29-2004, 03:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Kindablue

Just to say I'm thinking of you and will say a prayer for you tonight, ok.

You can do it...one day at a time.

Well done so far.

Strength and Serenity,

Cathy
x
Old 11-29-2004, 03:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good work staying sober for 2 weeks.Dont let your drinking force you into a homeless shelter or worse.You are not alone in this thing,sometimes we feel like we are but you can always come here to talk or vent or whatever,this is somewhere you cant get to if you end up homeless.We are all like a team here but you already know that.Keep it up.