Notices

Crisis........

Old 11-24-2004, 11:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crisis........

Well, out of the blue - our Human Resources Department wants to meet with me.... I've asked my boss for the objective of our meeting or an agenda and he promised to get back to me....

I am hoping it is nothing important, and am trying to stay positive... These sort of stressful situations lead to drinking... There is a 5:15 f2f meeting I'll be going to right after work.....

Wish me luck.....
Old 11-24-2004, 11:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

From the Big Book...

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation – some fact of my life – unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could no stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and my attitudes.

Acceptance applies to everything. I have a mild crisis as well at work today. My way to acceptance:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Short version: Help me God.

Crisis version: Help!

Stay in today, TG -- whatever happens will happen. This too shall pass.

Great that you're going to a meeting right after work!

Keep us posted.
Ken
Old 11-24-2004, 11:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks NoMoBeer, I've been saying my Serenity prayer all day...
Old 11-24-2004, 11:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

Prayers going up for you TG! You will get through this.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there, try to stay right in the moment.
Prayers are headed you way
Old 11-24-2004, 12:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

You're in my thoughts and prayers TG. Stay strong and stay connected.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

TG

You have posted so many positive messages on here. Your meeting today might well be a promotion for you. No less stressful though, I admit.

Thinking of you.

Rich
Old 11-24-2004, 01:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for your support/prayers folks.... I am staying positive...
This situation has me finally going to that 5:15 meeting I _ALWAYS_ intended to go - but always found a reason not to........
Old 11-24-2004, 01:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

TG
Good luck, try and stay positive, hopefully your boss will be back to with an agenda soon...if not, just casually say to him, gosh I hope it's not anything negative?! Everyone knows people see the HR Dept and think bad news...he will understand you feeling a bit unnerved! I KNOW the feeling though, when you just think the worst...in my experience it NEVER is as bad as I had traumatised, and imagined it would be.
Good luck!!!!
Well done
Cathy
Old 11-24-2004, 01:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Torontoguy,

5:15 is approaching and I hope things go well. My thoughts are with you.

Anna
Old 11-24-2004, 02:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TorontoGuy28
These sort of stressful situations lead to drinking....
Not unless you still think drinking will make the situation better. In that case, any excuse will do.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

WHAT'S THE TOPIC T-G?
PRAYERS MAN.............ted
Old 11-24-2004, 03:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just got back from my 5:15 f2f..... Great bunch of people... I actually shared, the topic was "Prayer".. Feel emotionally MUCH better... We'll see what tomorrow brings..

I'll keep you guys posted...
Old 11-24-2004, 06:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

TOLD YOU T-G,PRAYERS MAN!!!
Old 11-25-2004, 11:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thought I'd tell you guys what happened...

I spent about 5 hours going over my client entertianment expenses with HR and Corporate Security... VERY stressful. Although I have nothing to hide, there were instances where we would spend a lot of money in a night in "gentlemen's" clubs...

Needless to say, they were not happy about it.. From a corporate perspective - I can understand that... However, it goes on each and everyday and that's how business is done at that level.. Old VP's , C-level executives love going to these sort of places and being spoiled..

My performance at work has been stellar to date.. I deliver the revenue each month, and our year is shaping up nicely... Now, I will need to wait for their "report" which will be discussed with our VP, and my boss (who has been there with me many, many times..) I am hoping it will go nowhere and all that comes out of it is -- smarten up with how you spend your corporate dollars... ALCOHOL IS THE BLAME.. I belive 3 out of my 8 clients that I deal with is an alkie just like me --- and with an unlimited budget we go nuts.. Sooooooo, I have been sober for a while, praying each day and am hoping this will pass.....

Take care folks, and thanks again for your support.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi TG,

It's hard dealing with the fallout of our drinking after we're sober, but sometimes it has to be done. I'm sure this will all work out for you and you're on the right track now.

Love, Anna
Old 11-25-2004, 01:20 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks Anna... In a weird sorta way, I feel good about getting this off my chest... Was worried about the overspending aspect for a while...
Old 11-25-2004, 01:42 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

It's ok TG, your performance has been good to date and it's not like you were squandering the company profit for personal gain...ok you know what I mean, whatever you got out of it, you did have clients with you.

The BEST thing, though is that you have cleaned up your act, and in future your judgment won't be clouded...you might want to mention that if it becomes formalised? They just want to hear from you that it won't happen again.

But shame! How awful for you, it must have been incredibly stressful, and if it was me it would be the perfect excuse to get hammered. Well DONE for keeping it in perspective, it will pass, and you will come out the other end better for it!

Your judgment was clouded, but it won't be in future. that's something to celebrate (soberly! )

Chin up, it'll all pass soon and you can start on a clean sheet,

Well done for dealing with it so constructively with the 1:1 meeting, etc.
Cathy
Old 11-25-2004, 05:11 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Tg!

I know how you feel, man. I'm a sales guy as well, thank God I have not had to take my clients to nudie bars (don't know how I would expense all those $5 bills!), not comfortable in those joints. They do, however, love to go drinking. I went a couple of times and drank water, went once when I was still "experimenting," and drank beers, and have been putting off going again. Just don't want to mess with my sobriety.

Although I have a pretty high profile sales job in my company, I am looking for another position (back into sales management) so that I don't feel pressured to entertain cllients this way. BTW, I have ONE account that I sell into, so I deal with the same VPs daily -- the ones who love to drink.

If my HP has different plans than I do, so be it -- I'll do His will either way.

Let us know how things shake out! This too shall pass...

Ken
Old 11-25-2004, 06:41 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks again guys and gals...

Cathy, your post improved my mood and outlook on the situation...

Ken, yeah our Corporate Secuirty and HR people had a hard time understanding why heavy drinking is the norm for my clients... You need to be in sales to get it I guess. . Like yourself, I only sell to one account, but they have numerous business units.. Being younger, they always expected me to stay out all night etc... It's a bad position to put myself into - because at times when I did not drink with them, they were all shocked and surprised.... It can be done, but why do this to myself ? Don't get me wrong, I love being in sales... It's a tough thing being in AA and in our line of work..

We'll see what next week brings.. I did nothing wrong, it's a standard when it comes to entertaining some of my contacts....

Take Care,

TG28