Notices

Day 49. Going out of my mind!!

Old 08-05-2019, 09:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 49. Going out of my mind!!

Okay I've made it to day 49, my health anxiety is through the roof. I am getting constantly what I think is acid reflux, but I've read that it can be a sign of bad heart (I have other symptoms that indicate it too). I'm seeing nurse for my Blood pressure check, but I'm just not able to cope. I went to the doctor's before and I just don't feel I'm being taken seriously. Consciously I don't want a drink but I think that little demon is trying to push my buttons subconsciously. I nearly got a bus to A&E but changed my mind because I was feeling a bit better, but now I feel bad again.
I'm going out of my mind here!!
Old 08-05-2019, 11:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're feeling bad. I get checked out with the doctor, or call them, when I'm feeling bad.
In fact, I have an appointment tomorrow for what may be acid reflux. It's got me a little freaked out, too. So you're not alone.
I hope you feel better.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was pretty much already out of my mind when I quit drinking and everything I thought about was over-the-top dramatic, stress inducing, scary..

My nerves quieted a lot after a few months...like eight or nine months. Not 49 days.

Keep going.

Try to find something beautiful or happy or good to focus on instead. Look around you. Name three things. Three colors, three sounds. Count backwards from 100 by sevens. Take a walk or do 50 jumping jacks. Memorize a poem or prayer to repeat to yourself when your thoughts get spinning like this.

It gets better.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Here, watch this: