Notices

Just being miserable

Old 07-01-2019, 04:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just being miserable

I think I am just being a miserable wench.

Logged into bank account, $90 on beer yesterday. Now it is a long weekend, Queens Plate was Saturday and we are haying. Dh doesn't drink often and he had quit until summer rolled around.

I got cranky, told dh no more booze in my barn, that is the funny part, it was for the tack room.

I don't know why I got irritated, or why I wanted to ban it. I am not tired, not craving, not feeling left out, in fact I sit in with everyone frequently while they have beers and I drink coke.

Maybe I just feel they are wasting time. I just hate I got irritated with dh. So silly and no reason for it.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah.
Sometimes when I see the husbands total wine and more purchases I start pulling out cash for myself to match the amount...I’m very mature.

But I know that when it comes to alcohol I’m going to get nowhere with him, so I just let it go.

Summertime blues, my goodness summer was my big time drinking season....even as a drinker if I was planning to quit, I’d always do it in the fall because I could cruise through a quit for a good 3-4 months, I never cared as much about Xmas drinking as I did about summer drinking.

I think you’re aware that it shouldn’t bother you, but since it does: practice simply releasing what everyone else does, and keeping that line between you and the drinkers distinct. I have that line between all drinkers and myself. Including my husband. We share a bed. But we do not share drinks, or the drinking lifestyle.

Good luck my little horsie...
Old 07-01-2019, 06:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Sassy!

You are really right about summer drinking. I did enjoy it most. I was reminiscing about one Canada Day weekend, drinking Hennessy and watching fireworks. I didn't even like Hennessy, it was we were on a yacht and young and partying. That was prekids lol.

We had a bonfire last night, I think I might have gotten annoyed, as the sober one I was staying up an hour after everyone left dousing hot spots. I mean I used to do it, but I'd be drinking my face off because people were gone, I could drink. Last year it was all so new. This year, I truly value my sobriety, but I am losing tolerance for others drinking. I know it is nothing to do with me, if grown adults indulge and I have sober friends, I just wish dh had stayed sober. However he isn't an alcoholic.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
2/2016

It is not much fun to be around drunk people now that I am sober. I bow out early from parties. I understand why you got annoyed with your husband. No advice, but I get it.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

MyLittleHorsie, bottom line reason not to be miserable is that it is bad for you personally. I sorta understand what you are goin through and have been miserable on both sides of the fence so to speak. I think StayingSassy has the right attitude about that. Get ya 90 bucks and go buy something that pleases you, no sense in total suffering.
I'm kinda at the end of the line with drinkers myself. I liked hearing the, "drawing a distinct line between myself and drinkers."
Rootin for everyone.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I feel you but it will get better in time long as you keep your focus on yourself
Old 07-02-2019, 11:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

MLH, be careful of resentments! It's the number one offender. It destroys more alcoholics than anything else. (pg 64, BB) If you're not familiar with doing a Ten Step to get rid of the resentment, refer to page 84, 2nd full paragraph contains the instructions. God luck to you, my friend from another thread!
Old 07-02-2019, 01:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyLittleHorsie View Post
This year, I truly value my sobriety, but I am losing tolerance for others drinking. I know it is nothing to do with me, if grown adults indulge and I have sober friends, I just wish dh had stayed sober.
Im right here with you, except my husband is an alcoholic. We just had a counseling session where I told him I have zero tolerance anymore. I don’t have any advice, for you or me, but I understand what you are feeling.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've been pretty proud I all but cut out my anxiety meds. I have some pretty major professional stressors that I think are spilling over to personal.
Everything is irritating me.
I haven't been working out, eating right...
I got witchy on the phone this morning with an IT person, some poor kid making 15 bucks an hour.

Try and hold it together til weekend. Grab a few hours and reboot. Definitely pop half a celexa tonight. Maybe not speak to anyone til the weekend lol.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Doesn't sound like you were being very miserable to me. Sounds like you're pretty rational and evolved in dealing with the booze and drinkers around you. I have to watch myself getting annoyed with my wife when she drinks, albeit not very often and not very much. But I tell myself it's not the worst thing in the world to be sober and annoyed by drinkers - a much much much better thing to want to get better at than the world of pain I was in when I was the drinker.

Thank you for the post MLH, always good to see you around these parts.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

MLH, I really feel for you. You don't seem to mention going to meetings, working a program. I know the 12 Step way of life isn't for everyone. When other people's behavior start to bug me, it's usually time for me to look at my behavior and then turn my attention to what He would have me be (or do).

Hugs
Old 07-09-2019, 03:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

how are things MLH?

D
Old 07-09-2019, 05:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good! Throwing hay this week, finally dried out here!
Went to the beach with the girls Saturday, we have company due in for a few days.
Got eating back to normal, getting exercise in spades right now
The business thing has begun resolving, so things are back to normal. Whatever normal is lol.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Ah yes, summer drinking............. Those cans of Foster Lager, of going to the park with my dog, a quarter pound of turkey for him, a six pack for me. Don't miss it though, I could never stop drinking.