Notices

Recovery and the Future

Old 06-23-2019, 05:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
High on Life

Recovery and the Future

So I've been doing a lot of thinking, reflecting, soul searching whatever you may want to call it. It's been particularly profound looking at my old posts, which included a lot drama (DUIs, jails, institutions, etc....) to where I am today which is like totally a different person. Before I entered recovery, I never considered myself a bad person, but my disease made me act in selfish ways. Kind of neat when we look at the changes we can make in our lives and how we can make the world a better place. I've actually even started going back to AA meetings. Been going just once a week for like the past 5 months. I went through a difficult period where I loved AA then I loathed it and hated everything about it. Today I don't loathe it, I take away what seems important and leave the rest. And I guess that's all that's really important in the long run. And I think I do what my buddy Bulldog suggested and I will stick around this place for a little while and offer my ESH! Ready to do for others what others have done for me.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

TheEnd!!! My brother! Always awesome to hear from you my friend.

I do AA sometimes too. My biggest tool these past few years has been a s#it ton of therapy. Man...there was so much of myself that I had run from, for so long. I feel like therapy was my saving grace. I don't think I even knew who "me" was until I had gone for a couple of years. I'm glad I did.

Now....life is about finding that elusive balance I've been hearing so much about.

I'm so grateful for my life now. God...just remembering how close to death I was and where I am today. I've always said that the worst feeling in the world for me was complete hopelessness.

Now, my life is jam packed with all of this hope, filled with dreams and possibilities....
I just sit back and think, s#it man, what's better than that?
Old 06-24-2019, 06:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It'll be good to have you around TE

D
Old 06-25-2019, 01:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
High on Life

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
TheEnd!!! My brother! Always awesome to hear from you my friend.

I do AA sometimes too. My biggest tool these past few years has been a s#it ton of therapy. Man...there was so much of myself that I had run from, for so long. I feel like therapy was my saving grace. I don't think I even knew who "me" was until I had gone for a couple of years. I'm glad I did.
Therapy is great bro! Of course being a therapist I have advocate for the benefits, but I'm not only a therapist I'm also a client. LOL