Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

I lived sober. then I didnt. I no longer know sober life

Notices

I lived sober. then I didnt. I no longer know sober life

Old 06-02-2019, 04:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down I lived sober. then I didnt. I no longer know sober life

As a teen, I drank so much one night, my best friend decked me and didnt feel it. Local ER pumped my stomache. Didint drink for over 12 years - not a drop.

dad was an alci at age 40, he started drinking... beer was his flavor. right up til 55ish... he accomplished alot with beer... more so before, his younger years with his dad...

my dad passed at age 25... i tried saving a corpse.. mouth to mouth cpr... even got the local ems to try... he was gone... rigormotis? already set in...

I was too late - story of my life...

I hit the 'boos' really hard,.,,

what followed was a soul crushing lawsuit... (accident that summer).

sorta won that lawsuit, carried the 'baggage'

I can honestly say, i have a tolerance of over 15 'bar' shots... and still stand, and be able to moderately function... could even drive home if I had too...

Though is not worth the legal ramifications... call an Uber,,,

I dont go to bars, i dont 'get the bar scene, you pay exorbant amounts of money to maybe talk to someone that is atleast as drunk as you ? whats the point?

I can stay home not risk a DWI, and my dogs are happy i talk to them.

12 years on, I lost mom, because I trusted someone else, because I trusted my dad.

mom had a stroke, and she was with it, but i trusted those i shouldnt have, and maybe, mom would still be here...

those i trusted, did what they could... i cant blame them, like, i cant bring myself to blame them because they did, what, they thought was best..... and i couldnt have done better...

a non issue.,...

heres what I am left with..

outside my sister and her kid, and moms side of the family which... in nothing to write home about...

I, outside of my company, I have nothing left here for me.

my company, I built myself, and has failed me, largely because I just dont care... live for me people say? for what?

I have a slowly, growing small business in my area... My customers call me for stuff... on one hand I think its gonne explode into something great, like its on the cusp, on the other its like wtf am I wasting my time?

seriously? in 9 months the house i bought goes up for tax for closure, another LIE we americans believe in, how can you own something when the GOVT can take it away?

you are NOT free as an american, if the govt can take you land, with out so much as a court hearing, and 'sell it'

I tought I lived in a free country, but reality has shown me, I dont...
Old 06-02-2019, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can make arrangements to pay the taxes. The state doesn't just take your land/home without notice, many, many notices. Did you make any attempt to contact someone for counsel? I would act on this immediately.

I'm sorry about your life circumstances. Sounds like the last thing you need is to continue drinking. I hope you can get some help and reclaim your life. I would hate for you to lose your home and business. Please remember, alcohol is a depressant and would love for you to give up. Fight back!

You can turn this around, Meatball.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Drinking never made any of the problems in my life better man - but getting sober did.
Not trying to be a wise guy - thats the God's honest truth.

I was able to negotiate a lot of problems issues and things sober.
I had no chance of doing that drunk.

I hope you choose recovery, Meatball

D
Old 06-02-2019, 10:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with Opidal -- you can fight for your house by paying the taxes.

And with Dee, it will seem better without the drink.

I am sorry this is happening.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thinking of Tolstoy I believe that every alcoholic is unhappy in his or her own way. There is always a reason to keep drinking if we see things through our own prism. Removing the alcohol lets us see things more dispassionately than when we drink.

As has been written here already, you are not removed of the freedom to action to address your situations, the question is whether you will take it. Do you really want to just drink by and watch it all fall around you when you do not have to do so? It doesn't sound to me that things are hopeless.

Take the initiative to try to remedy things and to clear your way by setting aside drinking if you want things to change.

You've built a business, and that is very difficult. I hope that you will preserve it. I know that you can.