Notices

I’m back. Again.

Old 06-13-2019, 04:34 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sammymaguire View Post
Glad to see you safe in bed with your litttle pup. No chaos, no drama. You will be a happy bunny rabbit in the morning. Well done.
It was a great day today. All because I didn’t drink yesterday. Thanks again!
Old 06-13-2019, 05:09 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

excellent to hear sohard

D
Old 06-13-2019, 05:45 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
excellent to hear sohard

D
thank you!!
Old 06-13-2019, 05:54 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Great job Sohard

Snuggling with my pups is just about my greatest happiness.

It will get easier, and most likely one day you will have no problems going out and not drinking with people who do. But it takes time and you have to really build your recovery first.

Spoil yourself a little this weekend--you deserve it!
Old 06-13-2019, 06:04 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

So how about a little about your new doggie. She a snuggler? A licker? Lap-size or bigger?

I can never repay Billie for the love she so freely gives me, so I just take care of her the best I can and love on her a lot. She is very spoiled.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:30 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Your time will come when you can go out with friends, have a seltzer or Diet Coke, and think literally nothing of it. Going out to drink with people always had an element of danger attached to it for me...how much will I drink? Will I fall down? Should I wear heels? How am I getting home? How will I stop myself from going at it too hard so I don’t embarrass myself? Are these people ok for me to get obliterated with?

Now the questions are different: who will be there? Which band is playing? What kind of food will there be? What should I wear? Are we doing something fun? I know I won’t drink, so all the other issues around going out have completely disappeared.

Now probably isn’t the time, since going out will feel supercharged for quite some time but after awhile, it will be very easy, and much less worrisome since you will know that you won’t drink.

Glad you’re enjoying your doggie
Old 06-15-2019, 11:23 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

For now at least, I want to be sober more than I want to be drink. I think I am beginning to get what I have heard many times. That sobriety can really happen when you want to be sober more than you want to drink. I definitely want to sit on my patio and have a bottle or two of wine. No doubt about it. I feel like I deserve it for all these weeks of being sober (nuts, I know). But...For now at least, I want to be sober MORE than I want to drink. The thought of getting back onto that roller coaster of hell literally frightens the hell me. It is EXHAUSTING, so expensive, and life crushing. So, it may feel like a bummer not to be able to sit and have a glass of wine on my patio, but we all know that’s not what I would have. It would go on and on and on. So, there is no decision to be made. It is made. Of the two options, sobriety and drinking, sobriety wins hands-down. At least that’s the way I feel right now which is a relief. I’m beginning to get really excited.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:08 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sohard View Post
For now at least, I want to be sober more than I want to be drink. I think I am beginning to get what I have heard many times. That sobriety can really happen when you want to be sober more than you want to drink. I definitely want to sit on my patio and have a bottle or two of wine. No doubt about it. I feel like I deserve it for all these weeks of being sober (nuts, I know). But...For now at least, I want to be sober MORE than I want to drink. The thought of getting back onto that roller coaster of hell literally frightens the hell me. It is EXHAUSTING, so expensive, and life crushing. So, it may feel like a bummer not to be able to sit and have a glass of wine on my patio, but we all know that’s not what I would have. It would go on and on and on. So, there is no decision to be made. It is made. Of the two options, sobriety and drinking, sobriety wins hands-down. At least that’s the way I feel right now which is a relief. I’m beginning to get really excited.
your progress is very impressive. well done Sohard.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:35 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Its the old saying.. being sober sucks but being drunk sucks more.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:59 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
your progress is very impressive. well done Sohard.
thank you! I appreciate all of your support over the years.