Notices

Advice please

Old 05-18-2019, 10:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Advice please

I am in serious distress and I believe it is directly from years of alcoholism ..please follow this link to my post in mental health .

( it will not let me include the link _ the post is in mental health titled Going insane)

Mods please leave this post even if posting in two sections is prohibited .I need serious advice from alcoholics as that is my true nature and I believe the core to my problems .
* drugs are also mentioned but I am Firstly a severe drunk. Thanks guys and gals .
Old 05-18-2019, 10:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

For the ease of everyone your other two posts are here

Originally Posted by SplatterPunk View Post
Hello all. Just joined for some opinions . May be a bit of a long rant.

A little background info .
I am a hardcore 24/7 alcoholic. Daily , nightly blackouts, undoubtedly some brain damage. I have been dependent on alcohol since I was 17, I am now 32 .

I have been prescribed klonopin near as long as that also buying and doing street benzos.

Some other drugs that I've had brief stints with are Soma, barbiturates, heroin, methamphetamines, amphetamines, huffing(as in duster,) suboxone, shrooms --- I think you get the idea.

Alcohol ( #1,) benzos, barbs and Soma are by far my drugs of choice ( up the gabs drugs )

The first panic attack I had was on Robitusan. I now suffer panic attacks. Just about daily ..my first episode of extreme paranoia ( or is it ? Was after doing some bad meth , likely mePHadRone . now I'm paranoid daily, especially in crowds . severe anxiety since my late teens when I started getting delirium tremens from alcohol.

My Dilemma

Ok the first thing I want to get out is that I don't necessarily care what people think of me, it is how the he'll they know who I am??

After having my first bout of paranoia, after some methamphetamines, I was on a bus and heard my old nickname being said from all around the bus .

After this goes on for a 3 day bus trip _ hearing this for the entire time, I rationalize that there is no way all these people know who I am, or do they. After assesing the situation I calm down... But then it starts again .

I finally get to the point that I believe all these people do actually know who I am.

Something MUST be posted of me online either doing some crazy, CRAZY sh*t. OR, has some group of people( not as far fetched as it may seem -as the scene I was involved with - this is actually a possibility)

OR , have people been following me posting embarrassing videos of me such as panicking in delirium on city streets, putting it on Facebook or the like, that all, ALL, Of these strangers do know who I am ???

I actually got a robbery charge , thinking people were taking my photo - wondering who they are and why they were following me . It didn't go well to say the least as I chased them and they took off and I ripped the backpack off of somebody I thought was with them to find out what they were doing and he was an innocent bystander .

I am worried all this craziness will lead to more trouble to people who do not deserve it .

Been to too many Rehabs and far too many psych wards so this is not an option. Meds DO NOT work for this.

I am going seriously insane .

Thank you so much those of you who read this.

Any thoughts or opinions are very appreciated .
Originally Posted by SplatterPunk View Post
By the way this COULD be happening because I am very identifiable with face tattooed and punk rock garb.

And I forgot to add that I am in a halfway house. I was sober about 2 months before I relapsed with crack cocaine and my crazy thinking it was alright because it was not my drug of choice ..now clean/sober for about a week.
I can only respond with my experience.

I'd drink so much I'd hear people talking about me - I'd clearly hear my name.

I'd be told all these things I did and not remember them - I was blacking out...not passing out, but walking around and talking but not retaining any of the memories.

I'm pretty recognisable too due to a disability - it was astounding how far my 'fame' spread.

I don't know how much of this applies to your situation, but my mental and physical health got a lot better once I committed to recovery.

D
Old 05-18-2019, 11:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

SplatterPunk I am sorry you are suffering. I don't actually have any advice. Just wanted to send you some support.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

X

I appreciate the reply. To avoid the confusion I will be deleting this and leaving my post up in the mental health section .

Please delete this thread as I do not want to be identified .
Haha
Gotta attempt to have a sense of humor.

But honestly you think I'll get any helpful advise here leave it by all means ..i don't know if it really fits.

Last edited by SplatterPunk; 05-19-2019 at 02:28 AM. Reason: X
Old 05-19-2019, 02:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

But that's kind of the whole point .I do not know if its ******* mental health
Old 05-19-2019, 02:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's true multiple identical threads are against the rules, but if it's likely you'll get different kind of replies from two different forums we can sometimes leave the threads go - usually we eventually end up merging them or something but not always. Its a mod decision.

D
Old 05-19-2019, 05:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

SplatterPunk, I really feel for you.
I suspect that you won't know if it's mental health issues while you are using.
I do know that while withdrawing from booze and benzos, my senses were horribly raw and I felt/heard/smelled things that either weren't there or were just things that would usually be in the background.
My advice would be to see a doctor.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The way out of mental illness starts with sobriety.

I had all kinds of paranoia, distorted thinking, hallucinations, fear, anxiety, panic attacks when I was using.

Sobriety has sorted all that out.

Don't underestimate the magnitude of harm done by alcohol and drugs. You can heal from this...but it took long term CONTINUOUS sober time for me to get well both physically and mentally.

Step one, stop using. Then give it time - like several months time. It was nearly a year for me before I felt like that person I was prior to becoming a daily drinker.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Please delete both my threads as I was not in the right state of mind when I posted
Old 05-19-2019, 04:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

We close threads but we don't delete them.
The mods of each forum can make that decision, if thats what you want.

How are you doing now tho?

D
Old 05-19-2019, 05:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
The way out of mental illness starts with sobriety.

I had all kinds of paranoia, distorted thinking, hallucinations, fear, anxiety, panic attacks when I was using.

Sobriety has sorted all that out.

Don't underestimate the magnitude of harm done by alcohol and drugs. You can heal from this...but it took long term CONTINUOUS sober time for me to get well both physically and mentally.

Step one, stop using. Then give it time - like several months time. It was nearly a year for me before I felt like that person I was prior to becoming a daily drinker.
I second this.
It’s very difficult for you to know what is mental illness, and what is addiction until you resolve your addictions first.

Alcohol addiction causes mental illness. It causes thoughts, behaviors and actions that are devoid of logic, unpredictable and outright schizoid at times. So eliminate the substances first with the help of a doctor or rehab, then you can tackle the issues remaining.

If you leave this thread up, we can help. I don’t think there’s a chance of you getting identified. This is a worldwide forum.

My heart goes out to you. Sometimes, that moment of desperation can lead to to a new life. It’s happened many times before.