Notices

2 years today..

Old 04-23-2019, 01:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 years today..

Today is my two year anniversary of being free of the depths of alcohol abuse.
I have worked so hard at building a holistic recovery plan and a life that I don’t need to escape from. The things I have accomplished in these two years is amazing... and yet the past couple of weeks I have had thoughts wander back to “I wasn’t that bad....” or “I could just have a night out with friends” . Absolutely no way I will honour those thoughts... I just find it crazy that they do surface.
Sending love to everyone on the path with me ❤️
Old 04-23-2019, 01:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

that's wonderful babypowder - Congratulations!

I think all of us have had those kinds of thoughts at some point - that doesn't mean your recovery is lacking IMO - for me the measure of our recovery lies in what we do when we have those thoughts

D
Old 04-23-2019, 03:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

great post congrats
Old 04-23-2019, 03:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations that is amazing!!! I think it is normal for us alcoholics to have these thoughts. If we didn't we wouldn't be alcoholics as we just wouldnt think about alcohol! But they are just thoughts. The important thing is what we do with those thoughts. And you have done the right thing. You have come here and shared about it. Which takes the power out of them. Tell them to do one! You don't drink, you know where ine drink will take you you have no plan on revisiting that place ever again!

Stay close! And congrats again on your new life!! You rock!

Xxxx
Old 04-23-2019, 03:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

And thanks for posting as posts like yours help keep me sober today 🙏🙏♥️♥️
Old 04-23-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on two years. That is a huge accomplishment.
And those thoughts are just that, thoughts. I've been having a few lately myself and I've got ten years. I don't entertain them. I'll come here, so your post helps me stay sober today too.
Best to you in sobriety. And well done!
Old 04-23-2019, 04:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I get all kinds of bizarre thoughts every day - and not just about drinking. Truly baffling the way my brain works some times, seemingly at odds with rational living.

Well done on the two years! Year Three is worth it, keep it going.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on 2 years babypowder, that's fantastic. And yes it's quite possible for those thoughts to pop back up even years later, so staying grounded and connected to your recovery is very important even now. SR is always here if you need to talk or need some extra support.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on two years sober!
Old 04-23-2019, 09:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Congratulations on 2 years!
Old 04-23-2019, 11:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
On your two years!
Old 04-23-2019, 02:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations! Thank you for telling us AND for sharing the part about the kind of thoughts that have popped up. I will never forget how the one and only time I started to think about thinking about where I might go if I might want to have a drink...you get the idea....was on day 90. Perverse alcoholic thinking indeed!

I've been hearing a lot about our first thought, second thought, first action lately - the 1,2,3 dance we can do to execute the best first action. Can't control the first thought - can change it or replace it with our second, and pausing before we do the first action, is helpful to me to remember for most anything my nutty alcoholic brain throws at me.

Great going!!
Old 04-23-2019, 02:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Babypowder, that is truly miraculous. 2 whole years!
Old 04-23-2019, 05:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Two years that's just awesome well done.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 years.
Very inspiring for a newbie like me.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:09 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Congratulations that is amazing!!! I think it is normal for us alcoholics to have these thoughts. If we didn't we wouldn't be alcoholics as we just wouldnt think about alcohol! But they are just thoughts. The important thing is what we do with those thoughts. And you have done the right thing. You have come here and shared about it. Which takes the power out of them. Tell them to do one! You don't drink, you know where ine drink will take you you have no plan on revisiting that place ever again!

Stay close! And congrats again on your new life!! You rock!

Xxxx
Thanks Snitch. You're so right that its what we do with the thoughts x
Old 04-24-2019, 02:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ghostlight1 View Post
Congratulations on two years. That is a huge accomplishment.
And those thoughts are just that, thoughts. I've been having a few lately myself and I've got ten years. I don't entertain them. I'll come here, so your post helps me stay sober today too.
Best to you in sobriety. And well done!
Best to you too Ghostlight <3 Thank you, its wonderful hearing from someone with ten years. I'm actually looking forward to the next eight.. something I never ever thought would happen
Old 04-24-2019, 02:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bathbomb View Post
Congratulations on 2 years.
Very inspiring for a newbie like me.
ahhh Bathbomb - cute name! Similar to mine.. it takes me back to how I came up with mine a few years ago. The room was spinning, early hours of the morning and I was so very very sick.. my eyes landed on the first thing that they could focus on across the room. And there was my screen name.
I'm still a newbie... but i know I never want to go back. Let's do whatever we can to stay sober, shall we? x
Old 04-24-2019, 02:19 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Congrats on 2 years babypowder, that's fantastic. And yes it's quite possible for those thoughts to pop back up even years later, so staying grounded and connected to your recovery is very important even now. SR is always here if you need to talk or need some extra support.
Thank you Scott. I'm a little shy to post in here usually, however I was so proud of myself on this occasion. Its actually been a great learning that I need to build a stronger community around me. I hope you have a lovely day
Old 04-24-2019, 05:14 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 2 years, your post helped me, I will be 2 years sober in August and I occasionally have drinking thoughts I was beginning to worry, as I seem to only see the posts which say they never have them.