Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

18 days in, enjoying no hangovers or wasted days 👍

Notices

Old 04-18-2019, 01:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lalacookee

Liked my Sunday morning, of yo bright and early, getting old junk to the dump, shopping for the Sunday roast, playing games with the kids and cooking the roast. Much better than lying in bed being sick and wanting the world to disappear (this didn’t happen often but felt awful when it did, the shame!).
Feeling thankful.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 18 days, lala! Cooking a roast is one of my favourite things to do. Sounds like you had a lovely day
Old 04-18-2019, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by lalacookee View Post
Much better than lying in bed being sick and wanting the world to disappear
Old 04-18-2019, 07:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Liked my Sunday morning, of yo bright and early, getting old junk to the dump, shopping for the Sunday roast, playing games with the kids and cooking the roast. Much better than lying in bed being sick and wanting the world to disappear (this didn’t happen often but felt awful when it did, the shame!).
Feeling thankful.
You hit the nail on the head, lalacookee! For some reason, sober mornings --and waking up sober-- are among my favorite facets of sobriety. Maybe it is because waking up hungover and/or fighting withdrawal can be so miserable. You either have things to do (e.g. going to work, family responsibilities, etc.) so you have to drag your carcass out of bed and get ready to face the day OR you have the day off, but you just waste it recovering from having bashed your brains in with alcohol the night before. Waking up sober is really special for me, and I don't take it for granted.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Lpg

Feeling thankful.
Awesome congrats on your sober time. Waking up fresh doesn't get old 😍 I don't miss them days either, thanks for the reminder.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats! It's pretty awesome to roll over with no hangover and just enjoy waking up