SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   9 months sober (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/437539-9-months-sober.html)

Mtphc 04-03-2019 10:19 PM

9 months sober

Well just about

Anyway I feels great saying that, and still no desire to ever go back and I mean that. I'm still repulsed by that thought. Thank god for the rehab that I went to it really made the difference. I'm a lot healthier now and feel so much better.

BullDog777 04-03-2019 10:23 PM

:fireworks2:fireworks2:fireworks2:fireworks2 congratulations!!!!!

Mtphc 04-03-2019 10:29 PM

Thanks!

Dee74 04-03-2019 10:45 PM

congrats mtphc :)

D

ScottFromWI 04-04-2019 09:17 AM

That's fantastic mtphc, thanks for sharing and congrats on a big milestone!

dsmaxis10 04-04-2019 10:10 AM

congratulations well done

August252015 04-04-2019 10:55 AM

Awesome!!

RecklessEric 04-04-2019 01:28 PM

Delighted for you, comrade.

Ghostlight1 04-04-2019 05:50 PM

That's a long time, so great job!
Best to you in sobriety.

Mtphc 04-04-2019 10:44 PM

Thanks for the comments.

The only thing for me right now is that it's difficult to believe to this day how out of control things were becoming. Honestly I didn't know what to do. All I know is that a little time would pass and there I was again drunk, and back to that all too familiar pattern until I was on leave from work again getting drunk day and night, and I mean drunk 24 hours a day then would get so sick and end up in the ER. This happened I think a total of eight times I believe getting hospitalized.

Yeah bad memories, but thank God it's all behind me now.

Stayingsassy 04-04-2019 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mtphc (Post 7158110)
Thanks for the comments.

The only thing for me right now is that it's difficult to believe to this day how out of control things were becoming. Honestly I didn't know what to do. All I know is that a little time would pass and there I was again drunk, and back to that all too familiar pattern until I was on leave from work again getting drunk day and night, and I mean drunk 24 hours a day then would get so sick and end up in the ER. This happened I think a total of eight times I believe getting hospitalized.

Yeah. I try to remember this, when I think I could drink a beer again. Good thing just the thought of drinking alcohol repulses me now, I’d no more drink drano.

It’s CRAZY how if we had it bad, we will quickly go back to just as bad or worse. Doesn’t make sense, with so much time off, but it has to be accepted as an alcoholic truth, because the stakes are far too high.

Congratulations on 9 months of sobriety!

Mtphc 04-05-2019 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy (Post 7158148)
Yeah. I try to remember this, when I think I could drink a beer again. Good thing just the thought of drinking alcohol repulses me now, I’d no more drink drano.

It’s CRAZY how if we had it bad, we will quickly go back to just as bad or worse. Doesn’t make sense, with so much time off, but it has to be accepted as an alcoholic truth, because the stakes are far too high.

Congratulations on 9 months of sobriety!

Thanks stayingsassy.

You're so right about the drinking and just making it worse. That's why I feel repulsed whenever the thought of drinking enters my mind. I'll realize how much worse it will be. I'm so much happier now being over it.

Dave42001 04-05-2019 10:14 PM

Great job! Kudos to you!! Thanks for sharing, one year is right around the corner!! Wishing you the best!!

Mtphc 04-06-2019 09:48 PM

Thanks!

I know I'll get there no problem.

SoberFreddy 04-07-2019 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mtphc (Post 7158110)
Thanks for the comments.

The out of control stuff is so familiar to me too. And you know what’s? Those memories are awesome tools today. I hope I never forget the vividness of those out of control, sick, desperate days. To me, the idea of a drink in and of itself does not sound repulsive. In my case I have to tap into those memories of sickness, despair, depression and overwhelming anxiety. Those things are repulsive to my core being.

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your sobriety.

aasharon90 04-07-2019 07:51 AM

Rehab experience for many, including myself
some 28 yrs ago, the knowledge about our
addiction taught to me along with a program
of recovery to incorporate continuously in all
areas of my life, set me on a path of recovery
that I am still on today.

This journey has allowed me to achieve many
of lifes amazing blessings and gifts along the
way.

Sharing our own ESH - experiences, strengths
and hopes with others about our life, before,
during and after addiction not only helps us
remain sober each day, but also helps the newcomer
to know that they are never alone on their own
recovery journey.

Congrats on your own sobriety one day at
a time. :)

Surlyredhead 04-07-2019 04:48 PM

Awesome!!

Lpg 04-09-2019 01:02 AM

Congrats on your sober time that's awesome

Mummyto2 04-09-2019 01:56 AM

​​​​​​Fantastic well done

kiki26 04-10-2019 10:51 PM

Well done. 9 months is so amazing, you are amazing!