SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Living my best life all thanks to quitting, not perfect but best it's been (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/437014-living-my-best-life-all-thanks-quitting-not-perfect-but-best-its-been.html)

Lpg 03-13-2019 02:51 AM

Living my best life all thanks to quitting, not perfect but best it's been

I feel so thankful right now, my life has had the biggest u turn since quitting and I feel I'm finally living a life I always dreamed about.

I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant and so in love already I can't wait for the next chapter. I always wanted a family but as long as I was drinking I vowed I would never go there,
1. Because I have grown up with parents who caused me alot of stress as a child through alcohol and drugs
2.because I never would have wanted to give up alcohol to become a mother if it took precious drinking time away from me.

I'm now 16months booze free and never looking back. And now I have even more reason to continue being a better person. I pray my child will never have to see me drunk and I will do anything in my power to make sure that's the case.

And now after therapy and alot of hard work I can honestly say I have no desire to drink anymore and the idea makes me feel unwell. If your considering stopping but unsure I promise do it you will never regret that choice down the line.

I just wanted to share I feel positive right now

Dee74 03-13-2019 02:54 AM

Congratulations on your news lpg :)

D

aasharon90 03-13-2019 03:01 AM

Happy, positive news to read this morning
and I'm happy for you Lpg. Being the best,
sober mom to your newborn is a gift that
will continue to give thru out your families
life for yrs to come.

Congrats and blessings upon you. :)

August252015 03-13-2019 05:02 AM

Congratulations!! Very happy for you, about sobriety and the baby.

ScottFromWI 03-13-2019 08:47 AM

That is wonderful news LPG, congratulations on many levels. Thank you for your contributions here over the years as well, we are all in this together.

least 03-13-2019 08:57 AM

Congrats on your good news, both your sobriety and your pregnancy. :hug:

Atlast9999 03-13-2019 09:46 AM

Congratulations!!

Ghostlight1 03-13-2019 03:42 PM

You 'sound' great. So positive. Your baby is going to have a great mother. Congratulations.

dsmaxis10 03-13-2019 03:55 PM

congrats

Lpg 03-14-2019 02:32 AM

Thank you everyone feeling very blessed to be in this position if I had never of stopped I wouldn't be here today. This support group has always helped me massively in my times of need so nice to share happier times too.
Im glad I came to this page 2 years ago it gave me education on alcoholism when I was desperate.
:hail:

NessunDorma 03-17-2019 09:46 PM

Hi LPG - congratulations, such good news. In my experience, sobriety and parenthood reinforce each other - enjoy both, you deserve both....

kinzoku 03-17-2019 11:30 PM

Fantastic to hear! Congratulations and thanks for the inspirational post :)

FindingMyNext 03-20-2019 05:41 PM

Of all things, of all terrible things, I don't want to be a killjoy for you, LPG. This is a wonderful and miracle-a-moment time for you. But take good care of yourself, okay? I don't know if this is your first, but postpartum can be absolute hell. That's when I lost control of my drinking. Listen to you mind and heart and body and take good care, okay?

Wonderful news. Babies bring such hope. And love.