Please help.

Old 02-28-2019, 04:35 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Hey, Sohard

How are you getting on today?
Old 03-02-2019, 09:11 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Please check in with us. There are a lot of people pulling for you.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:19 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
Please check in with us. There are a lot of people pulling for you.
thank you and everyone. I really needed to hear that right now. I’ve not had a drink, but it’s so hard. I know nothing can help as much as time, but I do wish I could speed it up a few more months. I’m here, though. I keep reminding myself as hard as it is right now, and as much as I want a drink (which would be many drinks), it’s actually harder to be actively drinking. For the moment, it’s like I’m trapped.
i really appreciate everyone’s advice and good thoughts.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:19 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its those hard days that forge us in steel tho sohard - keep going

D
Old 03-03-2019, 08:15 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Keep going! I remember that trapped feeling. I think it's the addictive part of our brains knowing that its time is running out... Be patient and stay the course. So glad you're not drinking. That's the most important part of getting out of the trap.

Take care.
Sending you kind thoughts.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:48 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sohard View Post

thank you and everyone. I really needed to hear that right now. I’ve not had a drink, but it’s so hard. I know nothing can help as much as time, but I do wish I could speed it up a few more months. I’m here, though. I keep reminding myself as hard as it is right now, and as much as I want a drink (which would be many drinks), it’s actually harder to be actively drinking. For the moment, it’s like I’m trapped.
i really appreciate everyone’s advice and good thoughts.
It may feel like you’re trapped, but it looks to me like you’ve gotten yourself free.

I was cleaning out an old drawer today and found some expired Antabuse. It made me smile to throw it away. I knew I’d never need it again.

If you feel that tiny feeling of freedom, that you’ve escaped: grab onto that feeling and run with it. Congrats on getting some sober footing, sohard.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:10 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Still not drinking. Really pleased. From former attempts, I know my particular danger zone is coming up. Around two weeks, I begin to think, “wow… Maybe I can drink??” But I’m not going to let the alcoholic voice lie to me. I’m swearing to myself I wont. What is the point of risking it?? Is it that great to sit alone and drink a bottle of wine (and very likely more) and feel/look like crap (with less money) the next day? It’s pretty of sad actually. I need to just keep playing the tape forward, playing the tape, playing the tape forward. Anyway, just checking in to hold myself accountable. Thanks for listening.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:10 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
It may feel like you’re trapped, but it looks to me like you’ve gotten yourself free.

I was cleaning out an old drawer today and found some expired Antabuse. It made me smile to throw it away. I knew I’d never need it again.

If you feel that tiny feeling of freedom, that you’ve escaped: grab onto that feeling and run with it. Congrats on getting some sober footing, sohard.
thanks sassy! Very much appreciated!